ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help, Suggestion needed on Immigration Agents

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thanga
Newly Registered

Please Help, Suggestion needed on Immigration Agents

Post by thanga » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 am

Dear fellows,

I am attempting to get citizenship in Canada. I approached an Agent in Bangalore named Abhinav, and they told me I qualify for Canada citizenship if I take up IELTS.

More importantly they told me they can finish the process and get me citizenship within 1.5 years. Previously some agents have mentioned it could take 4 years from India.

They told me they can accomplish this because they are applying directly in Canada with an agent residing there, which reduces processing time.

Can anybody let me know if this is possible. Also if anybody have gone with this agent?

Is there any other reliable agent in Bangalore that I can go to?

Thanks for help.

Dowew
Newly Registered

Post by Dowew » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:28 pm

The answer is NO. This is not possible. You cannot get Canadian Citizenship without living in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 3 years.

Also, You will not be granted citizenship without actually moving to Canada. You must move to Canada as a permanent resident and live in Canada for three (3) years.

I think the people you are talking tdo are running a scam. This quote is from the Canadian Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration :

"You do not need to hire an immigration representative. It is up to you. Your application will not be given special attention or guaranteed approval if you use a representative."

This website should explain about immigration agents.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio ... /index.asp

You could also contact the Canadian High Commission (embassy) in India for advice on who is a good agent to help you.

In order to immigrate to Canada you must qualify as a certain category of immigrant. This website can help explain this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

I advise you not to give this agent in Bangalore any money.