ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[size=18]Apply PSW along with my wife and new born son from

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chief
Newly Registered

[size=18]Apply PSW along with my wife and new born son from

Post by chief » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Dear guys,

I have got some confusions ,plz help me to solve them,
I have done Masters in Manufacturing Engineering from uni of greenwich london uk in August 2009, then came back to india due to my mothers health, now i want o apply for PSW from INDIA along with my wife and new born baby, my questions are,

1. Can I apply along with my wife and new born baby, or i need to apply myself first and then go to uk and then my wife apply as a dependent for her and baby?
2.how much funds do i need to show??
3. what are the picture/photograph requirement for new born baby?
4. do I need to pay seperate visa application fees for my wife and my son?
5. how many application do i need to fill, is that 3? one for me, 2nd for my wife and 3rd for my babay?
6, which application forms shell i use?
i would be gratefull to allo you who gives some time to my questions
thanks alot guys, hoping for help from ur end

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: [size=18]Apply PSW along with my wife and new born son f

Post by potterbond007 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

chief wrote:Dear guys,

I have got some confusions ,plz help me to solve them,
I have done Masters in Manufacturing Engineering from uni of greenwich london uk in August 2009, then came back to india due to my mothers health, now i want o apply for PSW from INDIA along with my wife and new born baby, my questions are,

1. Can I apply along with my wife and new born baby, or i need to apply myself first and then go to uk and then my wife apply as a dependent for her and baby?
2.how much funds do i need to show??
3. what are the picture/photograph requirement for new born baby?
4. do I need to pay seperate visa application fees for my wife and my son?
5. how many application do i need to fill, is that 3? one for me, 2nd for my wife and 3rd for my babay?
6, which application forms shell i use?
i would be gratefull to allo you who gives some time to my questions
thanks alot guys, hoping for help from ur end
Long queue of Questions i see....

1) All three of you can apply at the same time.. you can find all the forms you need here ( for out of country applications):

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

I haven't read the guidance notes for VAF-PBS dependants, so u would have to do that..

2) Funds to be shown would be 2800 pounds for you and 1600 pounds for each dependant applying you.. so i guess 2800 + 1600 + 1600..

3) I dont know... maybe the guidance notes would have the information needed or else call (080) 40084008.

4) again call (080) 40084008.. check the site http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/index.aspx

5) Am sorry i dont know but call call (080) 40084008....

6) application forms: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 pm

thanks guys for ur responses
let me check those links if i dont get any info then i will contact u guys again.
still if any one knows better regarding my questions plz
do reply me
thanks again

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:48 am

1. It is entirely up to you whether you wish to apply for yourself and your dependents together or whether you would want to apply first, get approval and then apply for your dependents at a later date (either before or after reaching UK). Depends on how confident you are with your application and the documentary evidence you have submitted along with it. Ah! .. and how much money you're willing to bet on your confidence!! :wink:
If you apply with your dependents and the application is refused you lose all the money (fees for main applicant + dependents) in one go! If you apply alone and are refused, you only lose application fees for one 1 person.
2. Read the policy guidance and/or visa application guidance carefully, links to both provided in my previous response.
3. Link (Photograph guidance) already provided in previous response.
4. Same as 2. above.
5. Same as 2. above.
6. Link (Forms) already provided in previous response.

Potterbond007 - Couldn't figure out the need for the web links again :?!! Try clicking on the (blue-ish) text in my earlier response.

regards

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. It is entirely up to you whether you wish to apply for yourself and your dependents together or whether you would want to apply first, get approval and then apply for your dependents at a later date (either before or after reaching UK). Depends on how confident you are with your application and the documentary evidence you have submitted along with it. Ah! .. and how much money you're willing to bet on your confidence!! :wink:
If you apply with your dependents and the application is refused you lose all the money (fees for main applicant + dependents) in one go! If you apply alone and are refused, you only lose application fees for one 1 person.
2. Read the policy guidance and/or visa application guidance carefully, links to both provided in my previous response.
3. Link (Photograph guidance) already provided in previous response.
4. Same as 2. above.
5. Same as 2. above.
6. Link (Forms) already provided in previous response.

Potterbond007 - Couldn't figure out the need for the web links again :?!! Try clicking on the (blue-ish) text in my earlier response.

regards
:) guess i was too lazy to do so....

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:32 pm

hi guys,
thanks for ur resposes and help,
the first thing is that yes im confident that i will get psw, cuz i have a masters degree and funds as well thats all they want, but yes there is always a chance of refusal any way :lol: but again no risk no gain,

guys after reading the guidence and other stuff, i still donot find:

1.how many application do i need to fill, i mean 2 or 3, like 1 for me 1 for wife and 1 for baby? :cry:

2. how much application fees , will it be 3 times?

plz do reply
thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:42 pm

chief wrote:guys after reading the guidence and other stuff, i still donot find:

1.how many application do i need to fill, i mean 2 or 3, like 1 for me 1 for wife and 1 for baby? :cry:

2. how much application fees , will it be 3 times?
:shock:

In my first response:
1. Click on "Visa application guidance". From the list you see on the webpage, click on "What do my dependants need to make an application?" and "What fee will my dependants pay?".
2. Click on "Forms" - the webpage shows a separate form for PBS Dependent.
3. Click on "application fees from India" - the webpage mentions the current fee for Tier 1 (PSW) dependent .

:cry:

regards

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 pm

hi guys,
thanks for ur help,
after reading all gidence , what i understand is:
1, i need to fill VAF9 for my self
2, i need to fill VAF 10 for my wife and baby seperatley.
3, ineed to pay application fees for myself, wife and baby as well,
as they r my dependents and for each dependent, embassy need an application with fees.
4, i need to show 6000 pound sterling( 2800 +1600+1600=6000) or equivalent amount in my personal bank account for three months without any shortage of single peeny for the given period.
5, though as a main applicant i have been in uk for more then 12 months i can show 800 pounds sterling for myself and 533 for each dependent but im not taking any risk.
6. childern under 6 year dont need to give biometrics. and any TB(tubor clausis_) scanning.
7, child photograph requirement is same as adults, though if a baby is like 1-3 months donot needs to have their eyes open in the photo graph but preferable.
8. at the time of application submission at embassy child under 6 years donot need to be there.
9. after getting visas , faimly may choose to go with main applicant or join him later, but need to tell the date of later joining in the applcation VAF10, joining later is preferable in most cases, so the visa officer can undersatnd that main applicat is going alone and can establish himself in tow months to cater the faimly expenses and its quite logical as well.
the documnts required in my case are:
1. orignal masters degree from UK universty
2. orignal student status letter from uni. confirming the dates of graduation
3. orignal transcripts.
4. orignal enrolemnt letter
5. bank statement, with bank stamp and autority signature on letter head
6. account maintenece certificate(AMC) from bank
7, account balance certificate from bank
8, marriage certficate in english and orignal
9. wedding photographs and invitation cards etc.
10, birth certificate for baby
11, faimly registartion certificate ,thats includes my babay name and details.
12, all three passports
13. photographs of all of us, passport sise etc.

so guys these info i wana share wid all of u,
plz read them and suggest me any thing which u would like to
thanks for ur time

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 pm

You've prepared everything like preparing a 'masters dissertation'! Well done. Don't forget to have those documents not in English to be translated to English by the court translator. And it is also best to apply the PSW for your self first (the main applicant), then followed by your dependants after you've got it. tq.

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:15 pm

hi guys,
i understand and will be cater when i will apply.
secondaly u r right that i should apply myself first, my wife was wid me in uk when i was studying so she is not fresh as well and she cant apply on her own and thats why i m going to apply combined and let c and hope for the best.
any thing any one wana suggest plz do tell me
thanks guys

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:48 pm

hi guys,
i have one more question

1. do i need to show any document/tenency agreemnt when i apply , that where i will stay in lodon? obviously i cant get that agrremnet before getting visa. so suuggest me.

secondly,

if i get the visa i will go to my friends house, he can give me the letter that he has not any objection and so his land lord,letter signed by both my friend and his land lord ,does it sounds good???
and then will arange accomadition for myself and for my faimly.

or what to do?

or do nothing and apply?
, cuz there is no details in any where that the applicant needs to show where he will stay, though the details tells that the applicant should have money to accomodate himself.