ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Airport questions and document to carry along?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niceguyinuk

Airport questions and document to carry along?

Post by niceguyinuk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:06 am

Hi friends

Could anyone please tell me what are the questions they ask in the airport? Do i need to carry all my documents ( Degree certificate, P60, Employee letter) with me? one of my friend said they asked him nearly one hr questions in the gatwick airport..

Because my connecting flight is just one hr from heathrow to aberdeen..so i am thinking i might miss my flight if they ask me one hr question...

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Airport questions and document to carry along?

Post by gotcha » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

niceguyinuk wrote:Hi friends

one of my friend said they asked him nearly one hr questions in the gatwick airport..
This is very unlikely. Unless, they found something fishy about him. If you this is your first entry, consider some time for medical. And good to carry documents used while your application.

Don't worry about questions. If you are on Tier1 then they may ask if you got any job. But, not necessary. In my case they didn't ask anything, and directed me to medical. But it's more than 2 years now.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:21 am

Could anyone please tell me what are the questions they ask in the airport? Do i need to carry all my documents ( Degree certificate, P60, Employee letter) with me? one of my friend said they asked him nearly one hr questions in the gatwick airport..

Because my connecting flight is just one hr from heathrow to aberdeen..so i am thinking i might miss my flight if they ask me one hr question...
Put all your documents you used to get your visa in your hand luggage. It would help speed up your medicals if you get a chest X-ray taken before you leave. Everybody's experience at the immigration desk is unique. They may ask you a couple of questions or 20 questions. It all depends on the immigration officer's mood and what he/she perceives about you. So, dont worry too much about it.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am

niceguyinuk wrote: Because my connecting flight is just one hr from heathrow to aberdeen..so i am thinking i might miss my flight if they ask me one hr question...
1hr time for connecting flight may little tight esply with long queue at immigration

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
niceguyinuk wrote: Because my connecting flight is just one hr from heathrow to aberdeen..so i am thinking i might miss my flight if they ask me one hr question...
1hr time for connecting flight may little tight esply with long queue at immigration
You could approach the airline staff and see if they can be of any help in this regard. (not sure if they can)

Check the below link. Maybe of some help.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/

On the right hand side of this page, there is something like 'Flight Connections'

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks guys for your reply.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:00 pm

It really depends upon your attitude and appreance... they dont really ask for documents or won't take too long... but keep everything handy just in case...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================