ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

palaremzi

Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Post by palaremzi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 am

My mom was going to visit us back in Nov. She got her tourist visa for 6 months, but things did not go as planned, she broke her leg, and only now it's healed. She's planning to come at the end of February, and her intention was to stay 3 months. the problem is her visa expires April 04, 2010.

My question is this: Is she allowed to stay 6 months after the days SHE ENTERS the country, or is she allowed to stay 6 months after the day visa was issued. If the former is correct, she can stay with us 3 months. Otherwise she has to leave after only 1 month.

I need to buy plane tickets according to this.

Any help appreciated.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:15 am

I am afraid its 6 months after visa is issued. If it was issued in November it will expire in April 2010.

PostMan

Re: Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Post by PostMan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:54 am

palaremzi wrote:My mom was going to visit us back in Nov. She got her tourist visa for 6 months, but things did not go as planned, she broke her leg, and only now it's healed. She's planning to come at the end of February, and her intention was to stay 3 months. the problem is her visa expires April 04, 2010.

My question is this: Is she allowed to stay 6 months after the days SHE ENTERS the country, or is she allowed to stay 6 months after the day visa was issued. If the former is correct, she can stay with us 3 months. Otherwise she has to leave after only 1 month.

I need to buy plane tickets according to this.

Any help appreciated.
Visa will finish on the date stated on the Expire date, even if your mum will enter on a day before. She can leave and apply again.
or she can stay and apply again in April 2010

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor Visa 6 month rule?

Post by Rozen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:11 am

PostMan wrote:or she can stay and apply again in April 2010
If she does travel on the visa, she can only apply again SIX MONTHS AFTER April 2010! You are only allowed to holiday in the UK up to six months at a time, out of any twelve (months)!