ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice regarding Visa extention

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cheekyvirgin

Need advice regarding Visa extention

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 am

Hi Guys

I am on pws visa which is expiring in june 2010 and i can not switch my visa on hsmp because i do not have Master's degree but the PG Diploma.

I accepted by UNiversity for the MSC to do my final level in MBA which is starting from February and finishing in May so need to know in case if i can not submit my dissertation by the time my current visa expire, can i still apply for the hsmp.

There are few question which need to be cleared.

1) Can i apply for the hsmp while dissertation is submitted and waiting for the final transcript or degree.

2) Can i switch back to to student visa if i can not apply for the hsmp as above.

Waiting for your advice.

Thanks.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Need advice regarding Visa extention

Post by pkumar » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:12 am

I think you will have to supply Final certificate.
If you go the route you suggested you might be taking little risk and will be race against time. Better get in to student visa and then back to Tier 1 .. you will have enough time to submit paperwork without panic.

Again, wait for seniors if they have better solution.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:36 am

pkumar wrote:I think you will have to supply Final certificate.
If you go the route you suggested you might be taking little risk and will be race against time. Better get in to student visa and then back to Tier 1 .. you will have enough time to submit paperwork without panic.

Thanks mate ! any one else please advice me.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:23 am

1. No. You must show evidence that you've completed your degree. See Qualifications
2. Switching to Tier 4 (Student) is possible for Tier 1 (PSW) visa holders -subject to them fufiling any eligibility criteria that may exist. Read Guidance for students applying under tier 4 of the points-based system

regards

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:29 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:
pkumar wrote:I think you will have to supply Final certificate.

Thanks mate ! any one else please advice me.

Regards
Agree with pkumar.
Regards,
crowbar6

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:36 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. No. You must show evidence that you've completed your degree. See Qualifications
2. Switching to Tier 4 (Student) is possible for Tier 1 (PSW) visa holders -subject to them fufiling any eligibility criteria that may exist. Read Guidance for students applying under tier 4 of the points-based system

regards
Qualification section say if you have not been awarded degree then you need to show a letter from institute which clearly state

1) you name
2) course name
3) awarding date when it will be awarded

so mean i can still apply for the hsmp if University give me support letter.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:41 am

cheekyvirgin wrote: Qualification section say if you have not been awarded degree then you need to show a letter from institute which clearly state

1) you name
2) course name
3) awarding date when it will be awarded

so mean i can still apply for the hsmp if University give me support letter.

Thanks
First you have to successfully complete your degree, which only happens after your dissertation is awarded a pass grade.

Read the guidance carefully.

regards

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:33 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:Hi Guys

I am on pws visa which is expiring in june 2010 and i can not switch my visa on hsmp because i do not have Master's degree but the PG Diploma.

I accepted by UNiversity for the MSC to do my final level in MBA which is starting from February and finishing in May so need to know in case if i can not submit my dissertation by the time my current visa expire, can i still apply for the hsmp.

There are few question which need to be cleared.

1) Can i apply for the hsmp while dissertation is submitted and waiting for the final transcript or degree.

If u get the transcript that shows u have passed the dissertation then u can get a letter

2) Can i switch back to to student visa if i can not apply for the hsmp as above.

Waiting for your advice.

Thanks.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================