ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Recourse to public funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKVisit
India

No Recourse to public funds

Post by UKVisit » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi,

Can you please explain the meaning of "No Recourse to public funds".

I am paying council tax and getting 50% discount on council tax because the property is no-one's main home. Is it falling under council tax benefit? would it impact my Tier 1 (G) application?

Since the conditions to apply are: Entry clearance or leave to remian under this route will be subject to the following conditions

(i) no recourse to public funds
(ii) registration with police, if this is required by paragraph 326 of the immigration Rules and

(iii) no Employment as a docutor in training....

Please advise

push
United Kingdom

Re: No Recourse to public funds

Post by push » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:22 pm

UKVisit wrote:Hi,

Can you please explain the meaning of "No Recourse to public funds".

I am paying council tax and getting 50% discount on council tax because the property is no-one's main home. Is it falling under council tax benefit? would it impact my Tier 1 (G) application?

Since the conditions to apply are: Entry clearance or leave to remian under this route will be subject to the following conditions

(i) no recourse to public funds
(ii) registration with police, if this is required by paragraph 326 of the immigration Rules and
No it doesn't. Please search the forum, there has been detailed discussion on this issue.

(iii) no Employment as a docutor in training....

Please advise
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Use search to find posts on topics you may have queries on.

Click to see:
No recource to public funds
Registration with the police
No employment as doctor in training

regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:49 pm

I am paying council tax and getting 50% discount on council tax because the property is no-one's main home. Is it falling under council tax benefit?
That discount is not Council Tax Benefit, so does not have impact upon the No Recourse to Public Funds restriction.

However, what are you saying? You are talking about your 2nd property? You have a main property elsewhere in the UK?
John