ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what do I need to renew my 5 years stamp4 EUFam?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JennyL
Newly Registered

what do I need to renew my 5 years stamp4 EUFam?

Post by JennyL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Hi,
Is anyone know what do I need to renew my 5 years stmap4 EUFam GNIB card?Do I have to go for the application all over again? How long it will take?Do i have to Pay for 500 euro fee when i renew my GNIB Card?
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... _Residency

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 pm

When you finished your five years with 4Eufam then you need to apply for permanent resident card using form EU3 and its free of charge.
and its called PR not LTR.
here is the link
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... Qs#refused

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:32 pm

There is no need to renew a Stamp 4 EUFam Residence Card.

Once you have acquired 5 years lawful residence in Ireland with the EEA national of whom you are a family member, you have acquired the right of Permanent Residence.

If you wish, you may apply for a Permanent Residence Card, using form EU3.

For info, a Residence Card and a Permanent Residence Card are not the same. Currently, the DoJ is issuing Stamp 4 EUFam for 10 years and are calling it a Permanent Residence Card. It's wrong. I'm in the process of having this corrected.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

JennyL
Newly Registered

Post by JennyL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Thank you for replying.
I took a look EU3 form, It seems like I should waiting for 6 month to get decision made. So during this 6 month, what kinds of visa I have? How can i continue working without any promble?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 pm

JennyL wrote:Thank you for replying.
I took a look EU3 form, It seems like I should waiting for 6 month to get decision made. So during this 6 month, what kinds of visa I have? How can i continue working without any promble?
You do not need a visa. You are person with the right of Permanent Residence in Ireland. You do not need to apply for, or possess, a Permanent Residence Card - you are a Permanent Resident even without this.

JennyL
Newly Registered

Post by JennyL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 pm

You do not need a visa. You are person with the right of Permanent Residence in Ireland. You do not need to apply for, or possess, a Permanent Residence Card - you are a Permanent Resident even without this.[/quote]
I'm sorry! I am kind of confuse right now. On the top, you writted to that if i wish, I may apply for it and it's last for 10 years time. But if I dont need apply for it, what's kind of paper I can get? How can I prove my employer that I have right to work in Ireland? Can u please explain me more? :?: :?: :?:
Thank you!
Last edited by JennyL on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:32 pm

benifa wrote: Once you have acquired 5 years lawful residence in Ireland with the EEA national of whom you are a family member, you have acquired the right of Permanent Residence.
Does this hold true no matter who the family member is? In other words, Husband, Wife, Son, Daughter, or just for Husband/Wife?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

JennyL wrote:I'm sorry! I am kind of confuse right now. On the top, you writted to that if i wish, I may apply for it and it's last for 10 years time. But if I dont need apply for it, what's kind of paper I can get? How can I prove my employer that I have right to work in Ireland? Can u please explain me more? :?: :?: :?:
Thank you!
Your right of Permanent Residence in Ireland is not governed by the application for or possession of a Permanent Residence Card. Once you have acquired 5 years lawful residence in Ireland with the EEA national of whom you are a family member, you have acquired the right of Permanent Residence in Ireland. This is lost only by at least 2 consecutive years absence from Ireland.

You can apply for a Permanent Residence Card if you wish, as it will be a useful way of proving your right of Permanent Residence to employers, immigration officers and so forth.

So, practically speaking, it's a good idea to apply for the Permanent Residence Card to which you are entitled. The point I'm making is, should you not apply for a Permanent Residence Card, it doesn't mean that you are not a Permanent Resident or have less rights than if you were to apply for / possess a Permanent Residence Card.

Tandor wrote:Does this hold true no matter who the family member is? In other words, Husband, Wife, Son, Daughter, or just for Husband/Wife?
Yes. Any family member described in Article 2(2) or 3(2) of the Directive.

JennyL
Newly Registered

Post by JennyL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 pm

benifa wrote:
JennyL wrote:I'm sorry! I am kind of confuse right now. On the top, you writted to that if i wish, I may apply for it and it's last for 10 years time. But if I dont need apply for it, what's kind of paper I can get? How can I prove my employer that I have right to work in Ireland? Can u please explain me more? :?: :?: :?:
Thank you!
Your right of Permanent Residence in Ireland is not governed by the application for or possession of a Permanent Residence Card. Once you have acquired 5 years lawful residence in Ireland with the EEA national of whom you are a family member, you have acquired the right of Permanent Residence in Ireland. This is lost only by at least 2 consecutive years absence from Ireland.

You can apply for a Permanent Residence Card if you wish, as it will be a useful way of proving your right of Permanent Residence to employers, immigration officers and so forth.

So, practically speaking, it's a good idea to apply for the Permanent Residence Card to which you are entitled. The point I'm making is, should you not apply for a Permanent Residence Card, it doesn't mean that you are not a Permanent Resident or have less rights than if you were to apply for / possess a Permanent Residence Card.

Tandor wrote:Does this hold true no matter who the family member is? In other words, Husband, Wife, Son, Daughter, or just for Husband/Wife?
Yes. Any family member described in Article 2(2) or 3(2) of the Directive.
So still am i going to get some papers or something to prove my right during that 6 months? or just nothing except waiting?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm

JennyL wrote:So still am i going to get some papers or something to prove my right during that 6 months? or just nothing except waiting?
Nothing except waiting.

JennyL
Newly Registered

Post by JennyL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Benifa,
how to cut the sentence out only that I want to reply? I dont know how to do like you did? I just put anyting inside.
Thank you

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:31 pm

JennyL wrote:Hi Benifa,
how to cut the sentence out only that I want to reply? I dont know how to like you did? and i just put anyting inside.
Thank you
After clicking Image, edit the quoted text using your keyboard or mouse. Be sure not to mis-quote people, or to accidentally make it look like the quote was written by the wrong person.

JennyL
Newly Registered

Post by JennyL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:41 pm

benifa wrote:
After clicking Image, edit the quoted text using your keyboard or mouse. Be sure not to mis-quote people, or to accidentally make it look like the quote was written by the wrong person.
Thank you very much for all information and I hope see u again :)

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm

JennyL wrote:Thank you very much for all information and I hope see u again :)
Welcome. Good luck.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 pm

i appreciate benifa help here all the time..keep up the good work man

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 pm

knapps wrote:i appreciate benifa help here all the time..keep up the good work man
Thanks!

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:33 pm

hi, benifa

i am still confused aswell ,i have contacted DOJ in relation to my permenent residence card and they replied me in this email written below:

Dear Sir/madam,

You can apply for a Permanent Residence Card 6 months before you have 5
years of EU Treaty Rights in the State.

Regards :) ,
EUTr

EU Treaty Rights
Mail - In Query

but would they will count my first year stamp 4 that was issued on basis of spouse of e u citizen in sep 2005 ?
following in january 2007 i got eufam4 card untill jan 2012.

waiting for your reply

regards

robby

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:00 pm

robby1 wrote:but would they will count my first year stamp 4 that was issued on basis of spouse of e u citizen in sep 2005 ?
following in january 2007 i got eufam4 card untill jan 2012.
Hi Robby. Yes, that is counted.

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm

thanks benifa, you are a star

roddy1984

Post by roddy1984 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:12 am

But Benifa after lawfully Resistance in Ireland on 4EUFAM stamp for 5 years, can that person apply for Irish Naturalization or not?
Or that person must apply for Permanent Resistance card (3euform)??