ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum seeker got a Work Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rmberg1
Newly Registered

Asylum seeker got a Work Permit

Post by rmberg1 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:38 pm

Hi!
I am an asylum seeker and I have got a Work Permit for a postdoc position at the UK university (sounds strange, isn't it?). Now there is a real problem. In order to start working, I also have to get working visa. Please, help me with the following.

1) I think it is very unlikely that I can switch to the working visa from inside the UK, through FLR(IED) application. Am I right?

2) I think the best way is to go to my home country (Ukraine) and apply from there. Is there any possibility that I will be refused a visa because of my "bad" asylum immigration history? In fact, I worry about this very much. Btw, the contract itself is for 3 years.

3) I also have a british partner here in the UK and I intend to marry her. Isn't it better to try fiance visa instead of working visa?

4) And the most interesting. I have to close my asylum case and get back my passport from the Home Office as soon as possible. I will apply through the IOM tomorrow. Does anybody know how long is this procedure and can I speed up this process somehow? Are there any alternative ways to get my passport back?

I would be grateful for your answers. Many thanks.
rmberg.