ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!! Query on Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gavintan87
Newly Registered

Help!! Query on Maintenance Funds

Post by gavintan87 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:33 am

Hi all, i'm going back to my home country which is malaysia to apply for my PSW. I cant apply in UK as my current student visa ends at 31st january and i've yet to receive my official master certificate. It had came to my notice that i need to show 2800 pounds as my maintenance funds. Is it possible to show that amount of funds back in my malaysia bank account which is solely under my name? Help pls.... :roll:

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm

yes, but the funds has to be in your account for three months.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Indeed Yes, but you need to try to remove ambiguity in the statement, as HO is very careful with bank statement sent from abroad, secondly, you need to translate and certify the statement if not in English language.

Rahul_S
Newly Registered

Re: Help!! Query on Maintenance Funds

Post by Rahul_S » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:08 pm

gavintan87 wrote:Hi all, i'm going back to my home country which is malaysia to apply for my PSW. I cant apply in UK as my current student visa ends at 31st january and i've yet to receive my official master certificate. It had came to my notice that i need to show 2800 pounds as my maintenance funds. Is it possible to show that amount of funds back in my malaysia bank account which is solely under my name? Help pls.... :roll:
Yes you can but as chief mentioned,you ll need to show funds for last 3 months.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Help!! Query on Maintenance Funds

Post by potterbond007 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm

gavintan87 wrote:Hi all, i'm going back to my home country which is malaysia to apply for my PSW. I cant apply in UK as my current student visa ends at 31st january and i've yet to receive my official master certificate. It had came to my notice that i need to show 2800 pounds as my maintenance funds. Is it possible to show that amount of funds back in my malaysia bank account which is solely under my name? Help pls.... :roll:
Just keep the funds in a well reputed bank for 3 months and you should be fine...