ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Person application along with dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKVisit
India

In Person application along with dependent

Post by UKVisit » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:32 pm

HI,

In the Tier 1(G) category, there is no fee provision mentioned for "In Person" application for PBS dependent along with main applicant. Do it mean that the fee is same as "By Postal" or PBS dependent could not apply "In Person" along with Main applicant..

As per my understanding fee in Person would be as below:

Main Application ONLY: £ 1020

Main Applicant with Two dependent: £ 1120

Please let me know, if I am correct or not.

One other doubt I have.

Can I register in UKBA for "In Person" and then look for suitable date and if suitable dates are not available, sent the form by post and then register as "By Postal" to take suitable dates. Is it possible?

Why I am looking for both options in the way as UKBA have different parameters for date of applications for Tier 1 (G).

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: In Person application along with dependent

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

UKVisit wrote:HI,

In the Tier 1(G) category, there is no fee provision mentioned for "In Person" application for PBS dependent along with main applicant. Do it mean that the fee is same as "By Postal" or PBS dependent could not apply "In Person" along with Main applicant..

Main Applicant with Two dependent: £ 1120

your are correct

One other doubt I have.

Can I register in UKBA for "In Person" and then look for suitable date and if suitable dates are not available, sent the form by post and then register as "By Postal" to take suitable dates. Is it possible?
I have no clue regarding this
Why I am looking for both options in the way as UKBA have different parameters for date of applications for Tier 1 (G).
all the best, keep posted.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

For an application made on this form, the fee is
£465 for applications made by post or courier,
or £665 for applications made in person at
our Public Enquiry Offices (PEO), unless the
dependant is applying for leave to remain at
the same time as the main applicant, when a
reduced fee, or no fee, is payable.

So, postal or in-person the dependent pays reduced fee or no fee (if eligible) if they apply at the same time as the main applicant

Main Applicant with Two dependent: £ 1120 Correct

One other doubt I have.

Can I register in UKBA for "In Person" and then look for suitable date and if suitable dates are not available, sent the form by post and then register as "By Postal" to take suitable dates. Is it possible? Not sure and leave this for experienced members to comment

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi,

May I request experienced members to comment in this regard

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:58 pm

In person service charges £200 on top of application fee. In this case, it will be dependent fee + £200.
Can I register in UKBA for "In Person" and then look for suitable date and
What do you mean by register ?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 pm

UKVisit wrote:Hi,

May I request experienced members to comment in this regard

Yes you can register and look for suitable appointments. If you did not find a suitable appointment then just send your application through post. You do not need to register as "By Postal". Atleast, that is what I have done. I have registered to check if there were any online appointments. I couldn't find any suitable appointments ((infact none at all). So, I have decided to send my application through post. I have ordered my bank statement so, will be trying to find an appointment till I receive them and if I dont, I will just post the application.
The register "By Postal" is for people who have posted their applications and have to get the biometrics taken for the ICFN. The UKBA is not issuing ICFN to tier 1 (General) applicants yet. So, we will not have to do this as of now.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:31 pm

The fee you must pay - applying in person wrote:If you apply in person at one of our public enquiry offices, there are two different fees:
- £600 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application for initial entry (switching) into Tier 1 General (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); (ignore, as not applicable) and
- £1,020 for all other applicants (including applications for extension within the highly skilled worker category if you are currently in the United Kingdom under HSMP).

Dependant applications for your spouse, partner or children under 18 cost £50 per dependant if they are made at the same time as your own application. Dependant applications for children over 18, or any dependant applications made separately or later, cost £665
The fees you must pay - applying by post wrote:There are two different fees for postal applications under the highly skilled worker category:
- £400 if you submit a valid HSMP approval letter with your application for initial entry (switching) into Tier 1 General (this is because you have already paid for the approval letter); (ignore, as not applicable)and
- £820 for all other applicants (including applications for extension within the highly skilled worker category if you are currently in the United Kingdom under HSMP).

Dependant applications for your spouse, partner or children under 18 cost £50 per dependant if they are sent together with your own form. Dependant applications for children over 18, or any dependant applications sent separately or later, cost £465.
regards