ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gtd
Newly Registered

Bank Statement issue

Post by gtd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding the bank statements (proof for my previous earnings). I have my Indian salary credited in ICICI bank for Jan 1 2009 to March 31 2009. I have the original statement received by post. The logo is printed on both the pages, but only the first page is a color printout. The second page is a black and white print and the header carries oly the name, statement period and a short code. Would that be ok? I am concerned regarding the black and white page. I requested a second copy but the banks says it will take 10 working days. Do I need to get a stamp/seal on the one I have? Please answer.

Thanks,
GTD

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Bank Statement issue

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 am

gtd wrote:Hi,

I have a question regarding the bank statements (proof for my previous earnings). I have my Indian salary credited in ICICI bank for Jan 1 2009 to March 31 2009. I have the original statement received by post. The logo is printed on both the pages, but only the first page is a color printout. The second page is a black and white print and the header carries oly the name, statement period and a short code. Would that be ok? I am concerned regarding the black and white page. I requested a second copy but the banks says it will take 10 working days. Do I need to get a stamp/seal on the one I have? Please answer.

Thanks,
GTD
if you think the Bankstatements that you received by post from ICICI bank are original (means previous statements also are color and B/W combination) you should be fine to go ahead and apply.. but if you are still more worried. go to the Bank and ask them to sign/stamp on each page and u will be double safe..

gtd
Newly Registered

Post by gtd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The problem is I am in UK now and I have the bank statement with me here. So I am not able to get it stamped. But this is the original I received. Hope it doesn't create a problem.

Thanks and Regards,
GTD

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:27 pm

Normally banks send statements by post every month or every three months,
If you have received those bank statements by post as normal, and every every month or every three months statements are the same, you are good to go....

If still worried then get them stamped signed and dated.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks for replying. The problem is I am in UK now and I have the bank statement with me here. So I am not able to get it stamped. But this is the original I received. Hope it doesn't create a problem.

Thanks and Regards,
GTD
I am sure that your bankstatement received by post at home can be considered as ORIGINAL and if the statement is just 1SET from Jan - Mar 2009 with Color and black white combination.. dont worry it should be fine.. and also since it is not apart of the Maintenance funds set.. you are good to go.. cheers

gtd
Newly Registered

Post by gtd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for clearing my doubt. It is one set from jan 1 to march 31. This gives me hope.

Regards,
GTD

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Thanks a lot for clearing my doubt. It is one set from jan 1 to march 31. This gives me hope.

Regards,
GTD
In that case it should be fine because duplicate or printed copies in india mostly are not in color and not sent by post as a regular quarterly statements..

i just wanted to doubt it first and confirm it to be on safe side than not checking it.. cheers

btw anyway you will give the contact details fo ur bank so that if BHC has ne doubts will call and confirm

gtd
Newly Registered

Post by gtd » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Got my visa today Ramesh... Thanks a lot to you for the right advise and support.
tvn_ramesh wrote:

Regards,
GTD
In that case it should be fine because duplicate or printed copies in india mostly are not in color and not sent by post as a regular quarterly statements..

i just wanted to doubt it first and confirm it to be on safe side than not checking it.. cheers

btw anyway you will give the contact details fo ur bank so that if BHC has ne doubts will call and confirm

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:25 pm

I have a questions on bank statements:
1. I have online copies of statements. They do not bear the company logo/seal. So if i get them signed and sealed from the bank, it should work right ?
2. For the 12 month period for which I need to show earnings, do I need a consolidated statement for the complete period, or monthly separate statements, or either will do ?
3. My bank statements have my office address in it. And the address which I will be entering in my forms will be my home address. Will this work ? Does the address matter at all as long as the account belongs to me. ?

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 am

Hi All,
I have one query regarding the bank statement.

According to my understanding, i found that i need to submit the bank statements of the last three months only.

But i find some people saying that they are submitting past 12 month's bank statement.

I have the payslip of all the past 12 months, required for my application.

Should i submit the 12 bank statements also?
Kindly advice.

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 pm

@ukdiscuss - you need both
1. for previous earnings - you need to show earnings of any 12 months in the last 15 months. Total of that decides how many points you earn in the earnings section
2. Maintenance funds - this is necessary for gaining the 10 points over and above the 75 needed for Tier-1. This you need to show for the last three months.

Please go through the uk visa website and the detailed instructions. You will find the links here in this forum.
Senior members please correct me if I am wrong.