ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

This Earned Citizenship thing!..applying for ILE by Nov 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sammy79
Newly Registered

This Earned Citizenship thing!..applying for ILE by Nov 2011

Post by sammy79 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:21 am

Hi,

Please could someone enlighten me better on this new proposal to citizenship.

I hope to apply for ILE by Nov 2011 to return to UK with spouse (and immediately do the KOL and apply for ILR) after, having lived 4 years outside the UK.

Will I be eligible to apply under the current system until July 2013?...or will my application be considered under the new system?

Technically, i think that applications received after July2011 should be considered under the current rule so far ILR clocks 12 months before July2013..??

Thanks

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: This Earned Citizenship thing!..applying for ILE by Nov

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:46 am

You won't be able to apply for ILR under old rules after July 2011, unless you are subject to HSMP JR (which you cannot be, living abroad). And since after July 2011 ILRs will no longer exist as concept, you will have to apply for probationary citizenship.

Also, what is the basis for your application for ILE? (and I thought that ILEs no longer exist)

sammy79
Newly Registered

Post by sammy79 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:55 am

Thank you for your reply

I never knew ILEs don't exists anymore...then what type of visa will I be issued when applying at the outpost?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:59 am

sammy79 wrote:then what type of visa will I be issued when applying at the outpost?
It is nearly impossible to answer this without knowing more about you! What citizenship do you hold? What about your spouse? Are you a returning resident?

sammy79
Newly Registered

Post by sammy79 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 am

I' am Nigerian and my spouse's British national (British passport), planning to move to the UK from overseas.

Hope this info helps.

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:40 am

You would need to apply for spouse visa from your home country.
sammy79 wrote:I' am Nigerian and my spouse's British national (British passport), planning to move to the UK from overseas.

Hope this info helps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:43 pm

If you are currently outside UK wrote:We may be able to give you permission to live permanently in the UK as soon as you arrive, if:

â– you and your partner married or formed a civil partnership at least four years ago;
â– you have spent those four years living together outside the UK;
â– you are both coming to the UK to settle here together; and
â– you have sufficient knowledge of the English language and life in the UK. (You do not need to meet this last requirement if you are aged 65 or over.)
Apply for spouse visa, provide documentary evidence (spouse's nationality, marriage, and that you both have been living outside UK for at least 4 years before application) and hopefully you'll the relevant visa that would allow you to pass KOL and apply for ILR immediately thereafter.

This is assuming that these rules do not change before Nov 2011! :)

regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 am

The rules will change before November 2011 if everything runs to schedule, and the general election doesn't affect the proposed Citizens Bill.