ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (General) visas-----query --- please help me out

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanjasv
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (General) visas-----query --- please help me out

Post by sanjasv » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for Tier1 Visa (general) category. I am married and have kids. Initially I want to apply the visa for me only not for my family.

As per form VAF9 on page no 7, it is mentioned there I have to attach marriage certificate as a proof of my marriage.

But my problem is that, I don’t have any proof of my marriage other than a certificate provided by Temple/Gurudwara. Otherwise my spouse name is mentioned on my passport and her voter ID card.

I am already in process for applying for marriage registration but it will take some time. Other than this all the docs are ready with me and want to submit my visa application.

Please advise how to proceed as I don’t want to delay my visa application.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:28 pm

I dont think you need to provide marriage certificate if you are applying alone (Subject to correction). As you are already in the process of applying for the marriage you could supply it when you apply for dependant visa for your wife. Pls wait to others to respond as well.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Yes as aruni mentioned..

You DO NOT require marriage certificate now when you are applying alone.

You HAVE TO HAVE marriage certificate when you apply for your spouse..

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: UK Tier 1 (General) visas-----query --- please help me o

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 pm

sanjasv wrote:Hi,

I want to apply for Tier1 Visa (general) category. I am married and have kids. Initially I want to apply the visa for me only not for my family.

As per form VAF9 on page no 7, it is mentioned there I have to attach marriage certificate as a proof of my marriage.

But my problem is that, I don’t have any proof of my marriage other than a certificate provided by Temple/Gurudwara. Otherwise my spouse name is mentioned on my passport and her voter ID card.

I am already in process for applying for marriage registration but it will take some time. Other than this all the docs are ready with me and want to submit my visa application.

Please advise how to proceed as I don’t want to delay my visa application.
Sanjay ,

You dont need marriage certificate when you alone apply. So dont worry abt that now. go ahead and apply. Keep the forum updated with status of your application. pls.

all the best.

sanjasv
Newly Registered

Post by sanjasv » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Friends

Thanks alot !

I was fearing about that as it is mentioned in the form.

Now I'll submit the application

Regards,