ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WTC & CTC on ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paul4uinuk
Newly Registered

WTC & CTC on ILR Application

Post by paul4uinuk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi,

Just going to apply for ILR for my wife who is from India.

I am a British Citizen and Claiming CB, CTC, WTC.

On CTC and WTC my wife is a joint applicant and i told HMRC that my wife is subjects to Immigration Control while applying. I receive all these Benefits

Because CTC and WTC are public Funds, therefore Worried!! I remember reading some exceptions however unable to find out now.

Is it going to be a problem for my wife??? a detail answer his highly appreciate.

Many Thanks

Danbrix

Post by Danbrix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:35 pm

This shouldn't be a problem for your wife.

Have a look at this.
UKBA - No Recourse to Public Funds wrote:Do any exceptions apply to benefits?
In most cases you will not be able to claim any of the benefits or tax credits that count as public funds. However, for some funds there are exceptions to this. If you receive a fund under one of these exceptions, it will not count as recourse to public funds.
b) My partner is allowed to claim tax credits - can I claim them too?
Claims for child and working tax credits are assessed jointly. If you are living with a spouse or partner who is allowed to claim tax credits, your name may be included in the claim. Other benefits classed as public funds are assessed individually.