ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR SET M HELP PLEASE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zinedine
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR SET M HELP PLEASE

Post by zinedine » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:03 pm

I am a british Citizen and have been married for over 4 years to my husband who is currenlty completing his 2 years in the uk and will apply for ILR.

My questions are:

1. Does the homeoffice look faviourably on our relationship as we have been married for 4 years and lived together in the uk for 2.

2. My bank statements are still currently under my mothers address as we stayed there briefly before getting our own place.

3. I do not have the last bank statements as i transfered my statements to online. i Called the bank to order them and they have still not arrived.

4. I work full time and also claim tax credits, will this be an issue

5. My husband has been unable to find work and so has been looking after our son.

6. He has passed the Life in the UK test

7. we have gathered as much evidence as possible but we do not have everything in both our names except for council tax bills, tenancy agreements and NHS excemption certificate cards which i recieved while i was on maternity.

Could we be refused, If we are what would we need to do?

Dr Logic
BANNED

Re: Applying for ILR SET M HELP PLEASE

Post by Dr Logic » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:49 pm

zinedine wrote:I am a british Citizen and have been married for over 4 years to my husband who is currenlty completing his 2 years in the uk and will apply for ILR.

My questions are:

1. Does the homeoffice look faviourably on our relationship as we have been married for 4 years and lived together in the uk for 2.

Yes they will look your relationship.

2. My bank statements are still currently under my mothers address as we stayed there briefly before getting our own place.

Does not matter, you have to explain this to HO. BUT you can not provide this as prove of your current living address.

3. I do not have the last bank statements as i transfered my statements to online. i Called the bank to order them and they have still not arrived.

you can get a printout from bank and request bank staff to sign and stamp it.

does not understand. If you worked full time ( earn more than 14000) how can you get tax credit?

5. My husband has been unable to find work and so has been looking after our son.
he should work. if he could not find job than a sponsor letter for any relative that they will support you and your husband if you need, until your husband gets job.

very good, this compulsory for ilr

7. we have gathered as much evidence as possible but we do not have everything in both our names except for council tax bills, tenancy agreements and NHS excemption certificate cards which i recieved while i was on maternity.

Your husband can get a letter from his GP, confirming he is registered with them.

Pls find the answers above.
Hope for the best. And get as many as letter possible.

Good Luck
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:32 pm

zinedine, using your numbering :-
  1. The evidence you will provide will prove that the marriage is real, and not a marriage of convenience. The fact that the marriage happened 4 years ago, does not in itself prove the marriage is real.
  2. Clearly you can't use those bank statements as they do nothing to prove the two of you live together.
  3. See 2 above.
  4. No problem you claiming Tax Credits, and no doubt Child Benefit as well. And of course an entitlement to Child Tax Credit unless the family income is nicely over £50K pa
  5. No problem, there is no requirement for him to work in paid employment. If he is a house-husband, no problem.
  6. Great!
  7. No problem, and a careful read of the form will show that nothing needs to be in joint name. When my own wife applied for her ILR nothing was in joint names, but ILR granted with no problem.
John

paul4uinuk
Newly Registered

Post by paul4uinuk » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:34 pm

My questions are:

Ans: Need Evidence of Cohabitation for the last two years
This can be in joints name, or in separate name provided they are in same address covering the 2 years period.
Nature of documents are explained in SET (M) Form.

Ans: Presume, you have been living with your mother, which is not a problems, ask your mother to write a letter to HO and confirm that.

if possible, get print out of Internet Statement and ask banker to sign on it, you need last 3 months statement. last three months payslip can be used as supplimentary evidence of income.

Not at all. Link is very useful to understand this issue
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cfunds.pdf

Need to prove that your joint income is good enough to maintain your family. One can be out of work.

:)

those can be used as Evidence of Cohabitation, need 3 more.

Refuse!!!, No way, Concentrate on Evidence of Cohabitation. get 6 letters .

sameer9966

Post by sameer9966 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:57 am

hi all,

can u pls advice me how to spread 6 letters over 2 yrs if we leave together in 1 address for 7month and both moved to another address and leaving since 17month.

PLS ADVICE HOW SHALL I SPREAD THE 6 LETTERS.

THANKs,

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 pm

sameer9966 wrote:hi all,

can u pls advice me how to spread 6 letters over 2 yrs if we leave together in 1 address for 7month and both moved to another address and leaving since 17month.

THANKs,
Hi,

After every 4 month you have to have a letter ( as HO requested 6 letters for 2 years ) however they will request more if you use premium service. More letters mean divide after every 3 month.

nellis83
Newly Registered

Post by nellis83 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:56 am

Dr Logic wrote:

THANKs,
Hi,

After every 4 month you have to have a letter ( as HO requested 6 letters for 2 years ) however they will request more if you use premium service. More letters mean divide after every 3 month.
Sorry, long time reader but had to register to refute this - there is no need to have letters spaced exactly 4 months apart - a reasonable spread over the 2 years covering all addresses you've lived at is sufficient.

Also, Dr Logic, your earlier comment saying that the husband has to work is incorrect. As long as the family income is sufficient to support themselves there is no need for both partners to work.

zinedine
Newly Registered

Post by zinedine » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Thanks for the quick responses. I have taken eveythibg into consideration and i am still concerned about my bank statements. Due to the fact that the properties that me and my husband rented were shared i felt it was risky to change my details over so kept my statements going to my mothers address.

Please guys what can i do to explain this to HO and not cause any speculations for my husbands ILR

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 am

nellis83 wrote:
Dr Logic wrote:

THANKs,
Hi,

Sorry, long time reader but had to register to refute this - there is no need to have letters spaced exactly 4 months apart - a reasonable spread over the 2 years covering all addresses you've lived at is sufficient.

Also, Dr Logic, your earlier comment saying that the husband has to work is incorrect. As long as the family income is sufficient to support themselves there is no need for both partners to work.
nellis83 'Long time reader' if there's no need to spaced exactly 3/4 months than how would you maintain reasonable gap btw the letters?

Could you explain what is a reasonable spread over 2 years ( bear in mind HO is only interested to see 6 letters ( if joint name on it ) over the period of two years )?

For your kind information I did not say Her husband 'HAS TO WORK'. I advised he 'SHOULD WORK'. There's lot difference between 'Should' and 'HAS TO'. You can have a good look on my previous post.

nellis83
Newly Registered

Post by nellis83 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:35 am

Dr Logic wrote:
nellis83 'Long time reader' if there's no need to spaced exactly 3/4 months than how would you maintain reasonable gap btw the letters?

Could you explain what is a reasonable spread over 2 years ( bear in mind HO is only interested to see 6 letters ( if joint name on it ) over the period of two years )?

For your kind information I did not say Her husband 'HAS TO WORK'. I advised he 'SHOULD WORK'. There's lot difference between 'Should' and 'HAS TO'. You can have a good look on my previous post.
Why should he work? If the other partner is earning enough money to support the relationship there is no requirement for him to work.

On the subject of the letters, if you have a large number of letters to choose from then sure, spaced every 4 months is ideal. But I'm sure that many are in the same boat as me in that we deal with a lot of companies (gas, electric etc) online so the number of letters received isn't that high.

As I previously wrote, as long as all your addresses are covered and they are reasonably spaced over the 2 years you won't have a prob. Saying they need to be spaced 'exactly x months apart' is wrong.

I felt compelled to post as I thought your comments would cause completely unnecessary worry to the poster. I don't want to hijack this thread so this is the last post I'll make on the subject.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:04 pm

nellis83 wrote:
Dr Logic wrote:

Why should he work? If the other partner is earning enough money to support the relationship there is no requirement for him to work.

On the subject of the letters, if you have a large number of letters to choose from then sure, spaced every 4 months is ideal. But I'm sure that many are in the same boat as me in that we deal with a lot of companies (gas, electric etc) online so the number of letters received isn't that high.

As I previously wrote, as long as all your addresses are covered and they are reasonably spaced over the 2 years you won't have a prob. Saying they need to be spaced 'exactly x months apart' is wrong.

I felt compelled to post as I thought your comments would cause completely unnecessary worry to the poster. I don't want to hijack this thread so this is the last post I'll make on the subject.
Well said Nellis

zinedine
Newly Registered

Post by zinedine » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi John

Thank you for the helpand assistance you provided. I wanted to ask again about the bank statements. You say not to use them as they do nothing to prove that we live together. should we then not at all hand the bank statements in? and if not wouldnt this be another problem the HO will have with our application.

Would a cover letter explaining this be any useful?

Thank you again

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:48 pm

As I understand it, and do correct me if I am wrong, your bank statements for much of the last two years have been addressed to somewhere where neither of you live, so in order to prove that the two of you have been living together they are useless.

However as part of the financial test, to show that the visa applicant will not need to claim certain Public Funds, yes the bank statements will be required.
John

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:07 pm

nellis83 wrote:
Dr Logic wrote:

nellis83, what do you mean by this ''he should not work''? What if her wife losses the job by any chance ( its normal now a days dont ask why ) before ILR application?

I am still not impressed on your letter division theory. Have a good look on my previous post.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:08 pm

mochyn wrote:
nellis83 wrote:
Dr Logic wrote:

Well said Nellis
Come on Dont say well done 'Dr Logic'.

paccman
Newly Registered

Post by paccman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:55 pm

THANKs,
Try to give a lot more than 6, we gave them around 60 letters spread over every month of the last two years :). ILR granted in 30 days

zinedine
Newly Registered

Ilr granted

Post by zinedine » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi everyone,

thanks for the advice and help received, we got ilr granted and made sure we took as much information as possible. No problems with the bank statements and benefit which I'm happy about. Once again thank you, next step citizenship wohooo