ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements of a tourist visa for spouse of tier-1 gen

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agam_21
Newly Registered

Requirements of a tourist visa for spouse of tier-1 gen

Post by agam_21 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Dear members i am not sure if anybody has asked it before as couldn't find related topic while searching this site.

I am on tier-1 General visa and recently got married. My wife is eligible for dependent visa and she is currently in India but she wants to come for visit first on a visitor visa and later on dependent if she like to stay in UK.
I am aware of the requirements of dependent visa and its quite straight forward on UKBA website.

I need your urgent help about the requirements of a visitor visa. Which one is more appropriate tourist visitor or a family visitor. Is there any possibility UKBA will raise questions like if she is eligible for dependent visa why she is applying for visitor visa and might refuse visitor visa.

I have been almost 4 years in UK and have a good job. So i need to know what exactly i need for her application.

maintenance funds - how much in bank account ??????
what other documents i need to support her application??
Do I need tendency agreement or i can show no objection letter from landlord?

waiting for a crucial answer, senior members plz help.

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm

Your spouse must apply for entry clearance as a family visitor. As for documents that you should send to her to support her application, reading this post will help.

regards