ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[GOT EC] NEED HELP!! GOT HSMP, I really want to ....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shez
Newly Registered

[GOT EC] NEED HELP!! GOT HSMP, I really want to ....

Post by shez » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:22 am

G'day,

My first post and I really looking forward to get some help. I've received the HSMP approval couple of months ago and will apply for the entry clearance on the 2nd week of Sept 2005 (this would be last few days before the HSMP offer expires) I've learnt that I will only get max 3 months and then I'll have to make the entry in the UK. Due to some personal issues I would really love to stretch it until end of Jan 06 (that is 4 months from the day I get the entry clearance)

Has anyone actually received more then 3 months extension?
Can I request the consular or whoever to give me 4 months?
How much money (Australian dollars) do I need to show in my account for me and my wife? I have savings in multiple accounts, and i was thinking of moving all of them in one - is that a good idea?

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Just to clarify that I am in Australia.

Cheers

Shez
Last edited by shez on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:18 pm

Hi Shez,
The rules state that you need to arrive within 3 months, I'm not aware of any extensions available for this (I might be wrong).
Please note that the consular team might not be totally aware of the rules, the extension after 12 months is managed by a team in the UK (not EC abroad) so the UK guys are the ones checking your arrival and approving the additional 3 years....
Funds...living and accomodation could be anything between £1K and £2K a month....try to show minimum £5K but the more you show the better.
T
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

shez
Newly Registered

Post by shez » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:10 am

Thanks mate. I really appreciate it.
anyone else had the same experience?

bani

Post by bani » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:51 am

I think they can postdate your EC to December (if you apply in Sept), and it's ok to arrive in late January if you do that. It's ok to arrive a month or two after EC is given (there are examples of people who entered the UK even later than that).

As for the bank accounts, I think it's better to show separate bank accounts with a consistent history (you need to show a few months' statements anyway) than one account that has recent large deposits.

Good luck :).

shez
Newly Registered

Post by shez » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:59 am

Thanks Bani. I was just wondering if any aussie friend can tell me about his/her experience of bank statement. How many (just latest or more than one months) did he/she take to the high commission and how much did they have in the account?

Has anyone ever been asked about a particular transaction details of their bank statement? (better if it was local high commission in AUS or NZ)

shez
Newly Registered

Post by shez » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:34 am

Finally ... got the EC on Friday (thanks for all of) :lol:

Applied on : 7th Sept
EC received in mail : 15th Sept

Visa starts from 7th Dec but I am not going until 15th Jan 06 (I've asked the consular and she reckon it should be no problem)

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:20 am

shez,

When you wanted to travel on 15th January, Why did you date your EC on 15th Dec? Did you try for post-dating the EC, what was the response from Consular?

bani

Post by bani » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:20 pm

shez wrote:Finally ... got the EC on Friday (thanks for all of) :lol:

Applied on : 7th Sept
EC received in mail : 15th Sept

Visa starts from 7th Dec but I am not going until 15th Jan 06 (I've asked the consular and she reckon it should be no problem)
Congratulations shez!! Glad the EC worked out well. Good luck with the relocation (and the rude change from Aussie summer to UK winter... but at least the days will be getting longer again by then).