ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I include Superannuation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Runey
Newly Registered

Can I include Superannuation

Post by Runey » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:27 pm

Hi All,

I am an Australian under 28 looking to apply for a HSMP visa.

I will qualify if I can make the 27000 pound threshold. My base salary is just not enough to take me over that amount.

However, as part of my salary package my employer pays me 9% superannuation payment - which is in effect - deferred income. This is compulsory under Australian law and is factored into salaries that companies pay employees.

With this extra 9% I am above the threshold.

This extra 9% is clearly stated on all my pay slips, though this payment is not subject to income tax (it is subject to a different tax at a lower rate).

I have read many posts trying to ascertain if super payments can be counted though have seen no definitive answer.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who can let me know if superannuation payments can be counted in the past earnings category.

Thanks for your help!

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:20 pm

it's part of your salary, it goes to a different pot, I will try to apply with that, you earned the money, is like tax, that it's taken out of you salary but you earned that.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:11 pm

I am an Aussie, and my mates are Aussies who have gotten the HSMP under 28 visa.

You definetly can include your super payments in your application. Get a letter written up by your employer stating your total salary package as evidence.

Good luck.

Runey
Newly Registered

Post by Runey » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:30 am

Hi Vayu,

Thanks for your input.

I'm a lot more comfortable about the visa now that I've heard that.

If any other Aussies have claimed their Super, can you please let me know.

Thanks

LisaM77
Newly Registered

Post by LisaM77 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:16 am

Hi,

I too also applied from Australia and whilst I did not need to include the superannuation in my earnings calculation I did make sure it was listed just in case. I

had my letter of offer which had super included package and I also included a summary of past 12 months earning to go with my payslips and that had both without and with super amounts on the sheet.

Regards,
Lisa