ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

This may sound like a very silly question...

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Diva
Newly Registered

This may sound like a very silly question...

Post by Diva » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm

..but I am asking on behalf of a distant family member :roll:.

If someone is in the UK on a student visa must they stick to that institute throughout their education or can they transfer to another college or university.

The person in question has a 16 month visa and the course will be completed within that time however he wishes to continue on his education (I'm assuming he'll apply for an extention as students would-he knows what he's doing in that department) but at a different institute as it's closer to family. At the time of applying he thought he'd be fine living alone but now is getting home sick :roll: so instead of him not continuing his education his family abroad have asked him to look at the options in regards to studying at another institute.

I apologise if this subject has been exhausted in the past-I usually try to be useful than add to the numerous questions on the board :lol:

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Yes he can change his institution but he'll need to reapply for his visa.

Diva
Newly Registered

Post by Diva » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Thank you for the link High_aimer!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:38 am

HO is not keen on students changing institutes once they arrive in UK , hence extra security measure. but it shudnt be a problem. although u might need to provide good enough reason why you want to change your institute in ur second visa app

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:12 am

high_aimer wrote:Yes he can change his institution but he'll need to reapply for his visa.
You don't need to reapply for a visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 am

I know I don't need to reapply (I hold a student visa) then again, I'm not on tier 4. I have no idea about the tier 4 rules of switching.
I tell it like it is.