ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My PSW Timeline and an ICFN related question

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Katerina V
Newly Registered

My PSW Timeline and an ICFN related question

Post by Katerina V » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi all,
Over a month ago I had a question about police registration and I found this forum very useful, so have been meaning to share my experience but didn't have the time. I'm finally posting my timeline :)

17th of November: applied for the 1st time
5th of December: got my documents back along with the letter saying that my application was invalid (I forgot to include my police registration certificate)
5th-9th of December: panicked loads as I realised that I had registered with the police a year too late and forgot to update them on one of my addresses which I stated in the application form, etc.
9th of December: made a fresh application
9th of January: got my visa (till 5th of January 2012) :P

My advice to everyone who is in the same boat: don't panic, chances are you won't get refused on the general grounds and you'll be alright! But don't take any chances either, always remember to register with the police, it will save you lots of stress in the future!

I have just one last question:
Before I got my visa I was expecting a letter asking me to enrol my biometric details and apply for ICFN... However, it never happened and the letter that came with my passport did not mention it. Now, is that some sort of a mistake on their part and is it worth telling them about it? I mean I have enroled my biometric details at the embassy back home when I was applying for my student visa and I don't particularly want an identity card but can I get 'punished' for not having one?
Is it compulsory even if the HO don't ask you to get one?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:06 pm

1. For PSW ICFN is not yet a requirement so dont worry u r fine.