ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important: ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

luisfigong
Newly Registered

Important: ILR Application

Post by luisfigong » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 am

Hello people,
I really need your suggestions and for the benefit of others.
4-year workpermit, had extension refused on a questionable ground. Appealed and got appeal allowed. However, HO asked for a re-consideration. While reconsideration hearing was pending, made Tier2 app and was issued with Tier2 FLR that would take my tally to beyond 5 years. That automatically makes the appeal abandoned.

Now my question: Since, my appeal was pending, I was legal in the UK as a WP holder (previous visa rules apply while awaiting appeal hearing/reconsideration) until I got the Tier2 FLR and as such I have not broken any residency with regards to the 5-year qualifying period.
Is this correct? Has anyone experienced something similar? Any suggestions/contributions will be appreciated.

Goodcluck everyone.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:46 am

no rules broken.
just make sure you have every possible evidence to prove your case.
all appeal documents and Tier 2 FLR approval letter from HO.

i'd also prepare a cover letter to explain the situation and put all dates in order. in case it is a non straighforward case and they have to take your documents for further consideration this letter might help.

luisfigong
Newly Registered

Post by luisfigong » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:42 am

Many thanks for your response. I'll take your suggestion.