ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting Business on one year stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pranal
Newly Registered

Starting Business on one year stamp 4

Post by pranal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi,

I have completed my five years residency and applied for my LTR in january 2009. I got a stamp 4 on my GNIB which is valid for 1year, Just wondering does it have the same privileges as of LTR stamp 4 ,
For example starting a business etc

and what happens if my LTR application is refused or not being processed within that year. can i still extend my stamp 4 every year

Any idea

victor8600

Re: Starting Business on one year stamp 4

Post by victor8600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Read this:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Pr ... ar_workers
The holder of this permission will be free to work in any employment and will no longer be limited to the current employer.
BUT
The Stamp 4 permission in these cases cannot be construed as conferring any other rights or entitlements. It is not long term residence and it cannot be seen as any guarantee of permanent status.
As regards starting your own business -- I would say go for it!
All your base are belong to us

pranal
Newly Registered

Re: Starting Business on one year stamp 4

Post by pranal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:23 pm

victor8600 wrote:Read this:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Pr ... ar_workers
The holder of this permission will be free to work in any employment and will no longer be limited to the current employer.
BUT
The Stamp 4 permission in these cases cannot be construed as conferring any other rights or entitlements. It is not long term residence and it cannot be seen as any guarantee of permanent status.
As regards starting your own business -- I would say go for it!
Thanks Victor,

What is the procedure to start the business, do i need business permission or can i start straight away!

I heard we need capital investment of upto €300000 if a Non EU starts a business in the state, will i be exempt from that

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:54 pm

http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/pdf/1208 ... _dec08.pdf

Non-EEA nationals who do not require business
permission

- People who hold Stamp 4 on their certificate of registration do not need
special permission if they want to start a business and be self-employed in
Ireland. The exception to this is people who hold Stamp 4 but who are
resident on the basis of a working visa or authorisation

pranal
Newly Registered

Post by pranal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Southern_Sky wrote:http://www.immigrantcouncil.ie/pdf/1208 ... _dec08.pdf

Non-EEA nationals who do not require business
permission

- People who hold Stamp 4 on their certificate of registration do not need
special permission if they want to start a business and be self-employed in
Ireland. The exception to this is people who hold Stamp 4 but who are
resident on the basis of a working visa or authorisation
does that mean i can start up business in Ireland, with stamp 4 on my GNIB card as any other European citizen

Guess I am correct

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Persons who have worked for 5 consecutive years with an Employment Permit issued by the Minister for Enterprise Trade and Employment (Immigration Stamp 1).
All non-EEA persons who have held employment permits for 5 years or more consecutively and have been working lawfully during that time will be exempted from the requirement to hold a work permit.This applies equally to those who are still in employment and to those with an employment permit who, having completed 5 years work, have since been made redundant.
Other details are:
Persons in this category will be issued a Stamp 4 immigration permission signifying the right to be present in the State and to be employed without an employment permit.
This permission will run for one year. It may be renewed annually but this will depend on whether the holder is in employment or if redundant is making efforts to seek employment and has not become an undue burden on the State.
The holder of this permission will be free to work in any employment and will no longer be limited to the current employer. Should they subsequently be made redundant they are free to seek other employment.
The Stamp 4 permission does not include a right of self-employment or business permission (such permissions are, however, given to those who secure long term residence). The concession is being made irrespective of whether the person is currently an applicant for long term residence.
To avail of this concession the applicant must be able to demonstrate via P60 forms that they have been in employment and have paid their taxes as required.
Im afraid you are only free of work permits but not business permit
hope this helps

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:21 pm