ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living Costs ..this may sound silly but..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fearandloathing
Newly Registered

Living Costs ..this may sound silly but..

Post by Fearandloathing » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:07 pm

In the Living costs section of the fiance visa i am filling out with my fiancee whom i am sponsoring ..i'm just a little unsure ..do i incluse the cost of food ect as it only seems to mention rent and utility bills..would i include my direct debit payments for broadband/phone and gym??

Also we are a little confused as to why she is asked in the fiance settlement visa "when do you plan to return from the UK?" ..do we just enter athe date 6 months past our answer to "when do you hope to Arrive?" ..as obv we will be applying for a FLR ..or is this due to it being just a 6 month visa she is originally applying for?

thanks in advance

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Living Costs ..this may sound silly but..

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Fearandloathing wrote:In the Living costs section of the fiance visa i am filling out with my fiancee whom i am sponsoring ..i'm just a little unsure ..do i incluse the cost of food ect as it only seems to mention rent and utility bills..would i include my direct debit payments for broadband/phone and gym??

Also we are a little confused as to why she is asked in the fiance settlement visa "when do you plan to return from the UK?" ..do we just enter athe date 6 months past our answer to "when do you hope to Arrive?" ..as obv we will be applying for a FLR ..or is this due to it being just a 6 month visa she is originally applying for?

thanks in advance
Living expenses should reflect your bank statements.

Leavin date: pick the expiration date of your passport or the last date you can choose on the app. The app is generic so they won't personalize it to just the fiance visa etc... For date of arrival this is the date they plan on moving to the uk.

All of the questions are only ones that have to do with the fiance visa, the flr(m) is irrelevant at this point.
I tell it like it is.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

Are you sure you are completing the correct form for a fiancee application.

It should be this one

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf4a

Fearandloathing
Newly Registered

Post by Fearandloathing » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:23 pm

i was a little concerned about this also BK we are making an online application and under purpose of application chose - settlement then under type of application we chose marriage as there was no fiancee option ...i have sent you a pm pal

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Yes marriage is the correct one :P

Fearandloathing
Newly Registered

Post by Fearandloathing » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Living expenses should reflect your bank statements.

Leavin date: pick the expiration date of your passport or the last date you can choose on the app. The app is generic so they won't personalize it to just the fiance visa etc... For date of arrival this is the date they plan on moving to the uk.

All of the questions are only ones that have to do with the fiance visa, the flr(m) is irrelevant at this point.[/quote]

Thankyou..i am aware that the questions are for the "fiancee" visa but i thought it might look a little presumptious entering anything longer than 6 months? which is the time perios permitted on that visa..although we will be applying for the FLR after we marry

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Fearandloathing wrote:Living expenses should reflect your bank statements.

All of the questions are only ones that have to do with the fiance visa, the flr(m) is irrelevant at this point.
Thankyou..i am aware that the questions are for the "fiancee" visa but i thought it might look a little presumptious entering anything longer than 6 months? which is the time perios permitted on that visa..although we will be applying for the FLR after we marry[/quote]

well the ECO reading your application is not a moron, so of course they understand that you will be applying for flr(m) afterwards. If they thought you were leaving in 6 months, that would be a lot stranger. Put what you wish it's not that big of a deal.
I tell it like it is.

Fearandloathing
Newly Registered

Post by Fearandloathing » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:45 pm

thankyou elena ..i know it probably seems obvious ..but im just scared of getting anything wrong which might delay the application ..and was worried due to the differences betwenn that and the vaf4a ..but makes sense you saying it's a generic form..so i'll change the return date to the expiry on her current australian passport and the "how long do you plan to stay?" as indefinite ...then im presuming after lodging the application online we just print it off and post to embassy along with supporting evidence...then pray :) ..thankyou again all

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Fearandloathing wrote:thankyou elena ..i know it probably seems obvious ..but im just scared of getting anything wrong which might delay the application ..and was worried due to the differences betwenn that and the vaf4a ..but makes sense you saying it's a generic form..so i'll change the return date to the expiry on her current australian passport and the "how long do you plan to stay?" as indefinite ...then im presuming after lodging the application online we just print it off and post to embassy along with supporting evidence...then pray :) ..thankyou again all
I totally understand your stress! Best of luck with your application. If you meet the criteria there is no reason to think it would be refused. Calm down and breathe :P hehe.
I tell it like it is.