ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAC endorses immigration routes for highly skilled migrants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

need_a_tier1

MAC endorses immigration routes for highly skilled migrants

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Just came across this news release on UKBA website. Not sure if this has been posted before or not.

The news release says "Migration Advisory Committee endorses immigration routes for highly skilled migrants".

The highlight of this release is
"the government asked the MAC to consider whether the criteria for Tier 1 should be changed in 2010/11 to reflect changing economic circumstances."
migrants with a bachelor's degree but no master's degree should be allowed to come to the UK under Tier 1 (General), if their previous earnings are high enough;
professional qualifications (in law and accountancy, for example) should be considered as equal to a master's degree;
the pay thresholds should be substantially increased, with no points for previous annual earnings below £24,000;
migrants with previous annual earnings of at least £150,000 should not need to meet the educational qualification requirements;
Looks like UKBA is facing acute shortage of cash and most of their caseworkers (read clerks) are eating away the 'precious' taxpayer's money just sitting idle.

So, they are planning to change the rules again. Planning to allow the flood of T-1 applications again and the most needed cashflow along with it.

It is certainly double standards game from rip-off britain, to blame all the migrants who are in the country for taking jobs, using public infrastructure, healthcare, having babies and on the other hand allowing them again so that britain can generate some more cash.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:27 pm

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: MAC endorses immigration routes for highly skilled migra

Post by gotcha » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:37 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:
So, they are planning to change the rules again. Planning to allow the flood of T-1 applications again and the most needed cashflow along with it.
What made you think, that it will open flood of T1 applications. Have you gone through documents fully ?
need_a_tier1 wrote: It is certainly double standards game from rip-off britain, to blame all the migrants who are in the country for taking jobs, using public infrastructure, healthcare, having babies and on the other hand allowing them again so that britain can generate some more cash.
I can certainly see double standard from you here, by venting anger against "possible flood of T1 applications".

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Well this was expected, always being in a "state of denial".

Can you tell why the Tier-1 rules were changed in the first place and why there was such a hue-and-cry related to skilled migration around the same time last year?

The point is that when the skilled migrants already in the country are being looked upon as mere "asylum seekers" and "guys who took my job", why is it being allowed all over again?

The answer is -- to get cash, once the new batch of migrants is in -- start the media campaign again about birth rate growth because of migrants, stress on the "fantastic" public infrastructure & healthcare spoiled by migrants, jobs going to them -- and then change the rules again within an year or two.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:Well this was expected, always being in a "state of denial".
This clearly shows, you have not read documents. I cannot see, with re-adjustment in earning and uplift factor, how T1 applications will be any more than current level.
need_a_tier1 wrote: Can you tell why the Tier-1 rules were changed in the first place and why there was such a hue-and-cry related to skilled migration at the same time last year?
I think, that's govenrment in this country to decide. And these rules are yet to come in to effect.

About your second point, I didn't see any hue-and-cry related specific to skilled immigration. I dont expect people to understand betn different types immigrations.
The point is that when the skilled migrants already in the country are being looked upon as mere "asylum seekers" and "guys who took my job", why is it being allowed all over again?
So, what is your solution ? I don't remember any politician denying benefits of immigration in this country. Though everybody feel need to control it.
The answer is -- to get cash,
Had you said, to benefit economy, could have agreed. But, I don't understands merely paying fee to get visa(which covers admin cost ,too) can generate money to government.
once the new batch of migrants is in -- start the media campaign again about birth rate growth because of migrants, stress on the "fantastic" public infrastructure & healthcare spoiled by migrants, jobs going to them -- and then change the rules again within an year or two.
As said earlier, what's you opinion on it. PBS is introduced to have flexibility. When I applied I knew it. Atleast they are not applying changes to people who are already in UK.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:28 pm

These are just recommendations. The OP is assuming that these (recommendations) have already been or will definitely be accepted by the govt.
The government will announce whether it accepts the recommendations in early 2010. The announcement will be published on this website.

regards

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:These are just recommendations. The OP is assuming that these (recommendations) have already been or will definitely be accepted by the govt.
In response to the report, Border and Immigration Minister Phil Woolas said:
'The MAC has delivered a robust and thorough report, and the government will consider it carefully over the coming weeks

jiggyjunk
Newly Registered

Post by jiggyjunk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:39 am

I actually think the new rules will be slightly stiffer. The previous earnings have changed significantly, and going through the document throughly, those already in the UK will find it much more difficult to switch into Tier 1. For example a salry level of £30,000 - 35,000 now only earns 15 points instead of the earlier 30 points. Even though there is a slight increase in the points for age, it still does not offset the proposed earnings.