ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse on workpermit now dependant (very confuse..help)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

COOLSUMMERDUDE
Newly Registered

Spouse on workpermit now dependant (very confuse..help)

Post by COOLSUMMERDUDE » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello Everyone

This query is about both partners on their own work permit.

M situation in detail:

I came to UK in AUG/2005 on WP till AUG 2008 AND there onwards I shifted to TIER1. I think I am eligible for ILR 28 days before AUG/2010.

My wife came to UK on business visa for initial 6 month from Aug 2005 .

But in APRIL 2006 she came here in UK ON her own work permit ,
NOT as a dependant on me.

IN SEP 2009 ,before expiry of her extended work permit, She went back to India and came back to uk as Dependant on my TIER1(Valis till 2011).

My wife would have been completed more than 4.6 years in UK in july 2010 (3.6 yr as on her workpermit and almost 1 year as my dependant )

Is my wife CAN APPLY as my dependant for ILR along with my application in AUG/2010?

What are the supporting documents required for ILR so that I can start consolidating them now onwards?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cheers!

adc055

Post by adc055 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:35 am

look at my thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51456. Your wife may not be eligible as the new rules requires two years spent as dependent.

Phoned HO and confirmed.