ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintinace Fund, needs help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaberrami
Newly Registered

Maintinace Fund, needs help

Post by jaberrami » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi every body
I am currently intitled to apply fro the PSW visa, but i had problem with my maintinace fund, where my account went below the 800 pounds for two days and that was an inocent mistake as I was not aware to the fact the it shoul be hold for 3 consictive months.
However, the mony I used to pay a commedation rent, and when i found out the mistake, I did ask the guy to put the money back in my account inorder to corect the mistake. in addition i deposit mony in my home bank account of £3100 which would be about two months in the time I apply to the visa.
I am afraid that my visa will be refused based on this situation. tell me what do u think ?
beside do u think I can get an appeal if my visa get refused based on this circumestances ??
finally, during the my application process or appeal, can I work in the UK ?
with best regards

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Maintinace Fund, needs help

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:08 pm

jaberrami wrote:Hi every body
I am currently intitled to apply fro the PSW visa, but i had problem with my maintinace fund, where my account went below the 800 pounds for two days and that was an inocent mistake as I was not aware to the fact the it shoul be hold for 3 consictive months.
However, the mony I used to pay a commedation rent, and when i found out the mistake, I did ask the guy to put the money back in my account inorder to corect the mistake. in addition i deposit mony in my home bank account of £3100 which would be about two months in the time I apply to the visa.
I am afraid that my visa will be refused based on this situation. tell me what do u think ?
beside do u think I can get an appeal if my visa get refused based on this circumestances ??
with best regards
do u have another account somewhere in your name which has money in it to get the total over the 800 pound mark ( both the accounts when totalled together should have more than 800 pounds ) on those two days.. ? doesn't matter if it is an overseas account in a legal bank.. If not, then u are facing a 100% refusal scenario.. wont be given any excuses even if your account had more than 10,000 pounds for the rest of the three months.. High chance for the appeal to fail too.. and yes u can work during ur application and appeal period..

jaberrami
Newly Registered

Post by jaberrami » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 pm

I dont get it, since when we are treated the way we are perfect and suppose not to do mistakes ...!!! there is no any mercy ...lol ...that is so devastating

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 pm

jaberrami wrote:I dont get it, since when we are treated the way we are perfect and suppose not to do mistakes ...!!! there is no any mercy ...lol ...that is so devastating
i am sorry but i guess the home office have no saints working there to be merciful..

PostMan

Re: Maintinace Fund, needs help

Post by PostMan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:23 am

jaberrami wrote:Hi every body
with best regards
I think same as you.
But if you have account elsewhere, even in your home country you can merge them to cover the gap.
that will do.
Else, since you have made up some for 2 months, wait for another month and then rely on that.

Good Luck!

jaberrami
Newly Registered

Post by jaberrami » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 am

well, what is the legal position if i apply after two week when my current visa expire, beside i have health issue, where I need surgery to remove internal fixation !! do u think this would be something I can take advantage of ??

pswques
Newly Registered

Post by pswques » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:58 am

If you have an overseas account in your name or a joint account (with ur name on the statements) that covers the 2 days where your balance went down below £800, then it should be alright.
You just need to attach a page which shows currency conversion of your overseas account(Use only this website for conversion- http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/) and also show sum of both the account balances for each transaction date on the same page in form of a table. It should be clear and easy to understand.

All the best for your application!

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:32 am

jaberrami wrote:well, what is the legal position if i apply after two week when my current visa expire, beside i have health issue, where I need surgery to remove internal fixation !! do u think this would be something I can take advantage of ??
You stand the risk of being illegal within that period without Visa.

the options are:

1. Leave UK and apply from your country, even while maintain the fund here in UK. (Because UK Bank Statements has more success potentials than those abroad, though all are accepted).

2. Apply for a student Visa, if you still have months left for your Degree, then apply for PSW on a later time.