ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - Im in a difficult situation - dont know what to do!!&

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trasar
Newly Registered

Help - Im in a difficult situation - dont know what to do!!&

Post by trasar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi

Wondered if anybody could give me some advise. I have found myself in a very awkward situation. Basically, I have been having a relationship with a man who is here on the basis of a marriage which has now broken down. He has been here for 9 years legally. We have a 2yr old child together.

I am aware that he should be advising the HO that the marriage has broken down and I have read on the website that it doesnt necessarily mean that they will cancel his visa because of this. Are we able to apply as unmarried partners? He has spent time at my home for which I have evidence. what is my best course of action?

Thanks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Help - Im in a difficult situation - dont know what to d

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 pm

trasar wrote:Hi

Wondered if anybody could give me some advise. I have found myself in a very awkward situation. Basically, I have been having a relationship with a man who is here on the basis of a marriage which has now broken down. He has been here for 9 years legally. We have a 2yr old child together.

I am aware that he should be advising the HO that the marriage has broken down and I have read on the website that it doesnt necessarily mean that they will cancel his visa because of this. Are we able to apply as unmarried partners? He has spent time at my home for which I have evidence. what is my best course of action?

Thanks
If he's on a spouse visa, and his marriage broke down. He is not living in the uk legally.

You can only apply for an unmarried partner visa if you have 2 years worth of cohabition proof.
I tell it like it is.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 pm

U need 24 months provable co-hab for the unmarried partner visa, meaning docs with both names (single or joint) on from reliable sources, like banks, power companies, landlords etc.

He'll have apply for that (or any visa) from his home country, if it's a recognised dangerous one, the HRA Art 8 crew will be along in a bit saying apply on that basis but read up first, it's along time in limbo with a small change of success, especially if it's reasonable for him to leave and return on the correct visa in a matter of weeks.

His visa will have expired by now if he's been here nine years, so he's definitely illegal and cannot apply in-country.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Edit: comment to ElenaW, re-read - my bad!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:Edit: comment to ElenaW, re-read - my bad!
Vso harasho :D...I hope that means, it's all good.
I tell it like it is.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:51 pm

He has been here for 9 years legally.

How do you know he is here legally? What exactly is his status in his passport?