ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) waiting time - HELP!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jonbon

SET(M) waiting time - HELP!!

Post by jonbon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 am

Hi ALL

I am a British citizen. We applied for my wife's ILR on 26th Jan and Money was deducted on the 28th Jan 2010. Based on other people's comment its gonna be a hard 3 month wait.

The problem is this. My original passport is gone with her application. I have to get my OCI stamp on my passport. How do I do this?

Also, we are having our baby soon. How to get baby's passport without mine with me?

My wife wishes to travel to India within 3 months? Do you think this is possible now?

Should I call homeoffice and ask for my passport back atleast?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Jon

doodles1810
Newly Registered

Hi Jonbon

Post by doodles1810 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I just registered and am in sort of the same position as you. I've been reading other forums and some say you should try your local MP.

I've just sent mine an email and explained my situation to her. Apparently they could at the very least get you the status of your application.

I haven't heard back yet, but then again, I just sent it. If I do get anything back that can help, I will post it for you.

Good luck with your application! :)

jonbon

Post by jonbon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:17 pm

i called home office. the person was very understanding. She said I can have my passport. this does not affect the ILR app. Also, she said she can not say anything on the waiting times and asked us not to make any travel plans!

doodles1810
Newly Registered

Post by doodles1810 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

That's good news! I wanted to know if my husband can get his passport back, so now I know there's hope!

I'm happy to hear the lady you spoke to was understanding. Really didn't think they would be since they encourage people NOT to call. I suppose all of us just have to wait.

I actually just got a reply from my local MP and she said she would write to them. The best they'll prob do is get me a status update. But, that's better than nothing!

Good luck!