ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posted abroad while working for UK co. Overseas earnings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jiggyjunk
Newly Registered

Posted abroad while working for UK co. Overseas earnings?

Post by jiggyjunk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 am

Hi All,

I have a quick question. I worked outside the UK for three months when I was posted by my firm. I was still drawing the salary to a UK bank account. Can I count the earnings during the three months as overseas earnings, or are they considered as UK earnings? I am currently on a Tier 2 visa, but want to switch to Tier 1.

Thanks a lot.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Posted abroad while working for UK co. Overseas earnings

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:24 pm

jiggyjunk wrote:Hi All,

I have a quick question. I worked outside the UK for three months when I was posted by my firm. I was still drawing the salary to a UK bank account. Can I count the earnings during the three months as overseas earnings, or are they considered as UK earnings? I am currently on a Tier 2 visa, but want to switch to Tier 1.

Thanks a lot.
Are these earnings (worked outside) paid by your UK Firm? Do they give you proper PAYSLIPS supporting these earnings and NET salary matching in your bank account;

if YES, you can use them without problem..

jiggyjunk
Newly Registered

Post by jiggyjunk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks Ramesh. Yes they are paid by the UK firm and they give proper payslips. So will I be able to use the multiplier for the foreign country in this case, since I was physically working abroad? Or will it be considered as UK income. PS. If I use the multiplier then I qualify without problems for Tier 1, if I dont then I am 5 points shy of 75 :(

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:49 pm

jiggyjunk wrote:Thanks Ramesh. Yes they are paid by the UK firm and they give proper payslips. So will I be able to use the multiplier for the foreign country in this case, since I was physically working abroad? Or will it be considered as UK income. PS. If I use the multiplier then I qualify without problems for Tier 1, if I dont then I am 5 points shy of 75 :(
If you are paid in GBP and by your UK Firm and in UK and claiming UK exp points you can not use the multiplier..