ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study Placement Gap In Lawful 10 Year Residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

butpatbut
Newly Registered

Study Placement Gap In Lawful 10 Year Residency

Post by butpatbut » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:51 am

Dear all experts,

I came to UK to study at 28 Aug 2000 and I have been lawfully staying in UK since that time. However, I went to swiss on 2005 for near one year because it was the degree placement via my UK University. (I did pay student fees to the university over that year) I came back after to finish my final year.

My question is would that be affected to get 10 years ILR?

Thanks in advance,

Pat

butpatbut
Newly Registered

Post by butpatbut » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Can anyone help me with this?
could not find anything related to this on this web site
thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Seems clear to me, from UKBA IDI's;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
2.2.3 Events that break continuous residence
Paragraph 276A(a)(i) to (v) lists all circumstances in which continuous residence would be deemed to be broken. This would be instances where:
• the applicant is absent from the UK for a period of more than 6 months at any one time or is absent for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter or remain on their departure from and return to the UK.
Did u not return back to UK at any point during that year inside a six month period?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

butpatbut
Newly Registered

Post by butpatbut » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Wanderer wrote:Seems clear to me, from UKBA IDI's;

Paragraph 276A(a)(i) to (v) lists all circumstances in which continuous residence would be deemed to be broken. This would be instances where:
• the applicant is absent from the UK for a period of more than 6 months at any one time or is absent for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter or remain on their departure from and return to the UK.
Did u not return back to UK at any point during that year inside a six month period?
hi Wanderer,

I did not come back to during that year. Still, my placement was linked to the course of my study in UK. Would that be counted as a specially case?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 pm

butpatbut wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Seems clear to me, from UKBA IDI's;

hi Wanderer,

I did not come back to during that year. Still, my placement was linked to the course of my study in UK. Would that be counted as a specially case?
I don't think so, sorry. The HO only considers disaster, famine, death etc as special cases. My gf is in a similar situation, student at the time, year abroad, so we made sure she returned to UK before six months away for a few days.

butpatbut
Newly Registered

Post by butpatbut » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks for your reply. Why are you so sure about that?
Have you got any friend with this experience to share?
also, I remember it is not more than 90 days in one time rather than 180 days. has she got ILR then?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:29 pm

butpatbut wrote:Thanks for your reply. Why are you so sure about that?
Have you got any friend with this experience to share?
also, I remember it is not more than 90 days in one time rather than 180 days. has she got ILR then?
1. Because I can read.
2. No
3. Read the IDI
4. No