ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

roots19
Newly Registered

travelling

Post by roots19 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 pm

first of all thank you everybody for the advice...i was on the brink of sanity before i found this site now i have things undercontrol

i have recently received my RC from the HO ,yeah, and i would love to travel at the end of march to italy . as im non eu myself ,what should i expect from immigration as i leave and return to the uk?
i would not be travelling with my wife.

thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: travelling

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:37 pm

roots19 wrote:first of all thank you everybody for the advice...i was on the brink of sanity before i found this site now i have things undercontrol

i have recently received my RC from the HO ,yeah, and i would love to travel at the end of march to italy . as im non eu myself ,what should i expect from immigration as i leave and return to the uk?
i would not be travelling with my wife.

thanks
U'll need an Italian Schengen visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:40 pm

On arrival to Italy you will have to show your passport and your Schengen visa. The IO may want to check that you have a return ticket, sufficient funds and sufficient travel insurance.

On arrival to the UK you do not have to fill in a landing card and your passport must not be stamped. The IO may want to make sure that your wife is still exercising treaty rights.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Its a duplicate post.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

s_cvid
Newly Registered

Post by s_cvid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 am

some non eu dont need schengen visa for example korean, mauritians, some caribbeans,malaysians i think brazillian as well better check before you travel, there has been some changes in the last 6 months

before june 2009 i needed a schengen visa now i dont

roots19
Newly Registered

Post by roots19 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:35 pm

s_cvid wrote:some non eu dont need schengen visa for example korean, mauritians, some caribbeans,malaysians i think brazillian as well better check before you travel, there has been some changes in the last 6 months

before june 2009 i needed a schengen visa now i dont

thanks guys