ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time Frame for Appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

talharahim
Newly Registered

Time Frame for Appeal

Post by talharahim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi, I would like to thank you all for running this forum as this is a great source of information and help secondly i want to remove my confusion with the help of you Guys. Currently i am living in Pakistan and i left UK in July 2009. My Degree has the awarding date of June 2009 and according to that the last date for applying for my PSW is June 2010 (If i am not wrong). However i can apply in May 2010 But I want to know that

Will this be good time to apply for PSW as In case of Rejection , can i apply or appeal after June 2010 ? or should I apply a bit earlier?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Time Frame for Appeal

Post by yasa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 pm

talharahim wrote:Hi, I would like to thank you all for running this forum as this is a great source of information and help secondly i want to remove my confusion with the help of you Guys. Currently i am living in Pakistan and i left UK in July 2009. My Degree has the awarding date of June 2009 and according to that the last date for applying for my PSW is June 2010 (If i am not wrong). However i can apply in May 2010 But I want to know that

Will this be good time to apply for PSW as In case of Rejection , can i apply or appeal after June 2010 ? or should I apply a bit earlier?

Dude gather all paper work properly and apply in advance like in Feb or March... The sooner the better..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

talharahim
Newly Registered

thanks for the reply

Post by talharahim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 pm

I just want to know if i am not able to apply in that time then what will be the case?

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: thanks for the reply

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 am

talharahim wrote:I just want to know if i am not able to apply in that time then what will be the case?
Then u need not bother to apply again since u dont meet the visa requirements.. I believe 10 points is awarded if your awarding date is within 12 months of the application..

talharahim
Newly Registered

Post by talharahim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Then u need not bother to apply again since u dont meet the visa requirements.. I believe 10 points is awarded if your awarding date is within 12 months of the application..
In case of Rejection, can i apply for appeal after my time of 12 month is over?

PostMan

Re: Time Frame for Appeal

Post by PostMan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:24 am

talharahim wrote:Hi, I would like to thank you all for running this forum as this is a great source of information and help secondly i want to remove my confusion with the help of you Guys. Currently i am living in Pakistan and i left UK in July 2009. My Degree has the awarding date of June 2009 and according to that the last date for applying for my PSW is June 2010 (If i am not wrong). However i can apply in May 2010 But I want to know that

Yes, you can apply anytime until the deadline.
and Yes you can appeal if rejected even if your qualification deadline has passed, but you cannot make a new application if you are rejected and your qualification has passed the July 2010.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:47 am

There is no right of appeal for PBS migrants applying from outside UK unless there is human rights violation or discrimination on facial grounds.
See Can I appeal if my application is refused?

If a PBS decision (refusal) is to be contested, then one must submit a request for administrative review which must be filed within 28 days of receiving a refusal.

regards