ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Theoretically, what's the last date to extend?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodssb

Theoretically, what's the last date to extend?

Post by goodssb » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Say my currently HSMP visa expires on 1 Aug, I want to extend in person so that I can get the result on the same day. And I want to apply on 1 Aug so that I can claim income of July. Unfortunately, 1 Aug is Sunday, so I guess they are not open. So can I apply on the following working day?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Theoretically, what's the last date to extend?

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 pm

goodssb wrote:Say my currently HSMP visa expires on 1 Aug, I want to extend in person so that I can get the result on the same day. And I want to apply on 1 Aug so that I can claim income of July. Unfortunately, 1 Aug is Sunday, so I guess they are not open. So can I apply on the following working day?
No, they go by calendar days which does not take holidays into account. You have to apply on or before 1 Aug.
Regards,
crowbar6

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Theoretically, what's the last date to extend?

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 pm

goodssb wrote:Say my currently HSMP visa expires on 1 Aug, I want to extend in person so that I can get the result on the same day. And I want to apply on 1 Aug so that I can claim income of July. Unfortunately, 1 Aug is Sunday, so I guess they are not open. So can I apply on the following working day?
I think it has to be the working day before the expiry. Wait for others to respond.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:57 pm

thank you for the replies.

Say if I apply by post, is it ok if I post my application on 1 Aug?

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 pm

goodssb wrote:thank you for the replies.

If 1 Aug is a Sunday, then Royal Mail will not collect it then and the post mark will be of the next working day, i.e., 2 Aug. For applications sent by post, the date of post mark is considered as the date of applications. Better apply on the 31st as Saturday collections are done by Royal Mail.
Regards,
crowbar6

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:16 am

In addition to the replies above regarding date of applying.. IF you want to claim the Salary of July, pls understand that, the salary should be deposited into your Bank accoutn and you should get a copy of the bankstatement signed and stamped (because it is not possible to get ORIIGNAL Statement).. so i think it is a tight call again it being sunday makes things difficult for you..

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:21 pm

goodssb wrote:thank you for the replies.

U can apply on Saturday the 31st of July provided u have the corroborated bank statement duly signed and stamped by the bank.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================