ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my EU family Irish visa!! Whats next?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emc

Got my EU family Irish visa!! Whats next?

Post by Emc » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:54 am

Hi all, i am soo happy, i ve got my EU family member visa D to Ireland and my hubby and I are in Dublin right now. Thanx to all for advise given.

We went to GNIB office to register me as told to at the border, but they said that one week ago the rules have been changed and i must apply for EU1 first, then when i get a letter back with our passports to come back and get a stamp at GNIB office. Does it mean i will be able to work when i get a stamp??

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Got my EU family Irish visa!! Whats next?

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:49 am

Emc wrote:Hi all, i am soo happy, i ve got my EU family member visa D to Ireland and my hubby and I are in Dublin right now. Thanx to all for advise given.

We went to GNIB office to register me as told to at the border, but they said that one week ago the rules have been changed and i must apply for EU1 first, then when i get a letter back with our passports to come back and get a stamp at GNIB office.
You're the family member of an EU national (not of an Irish national), correct? If so, EU1 is indeed the form to be submitted to the Department of Justice. This wasn't the case since last week though, it's been the case since 2006. Perhaps the Garda got his wires crossed?

Emc wrote:Does it mean i will be able to work when i get a stamp??
If you're the family member of an EU national you can start work today if you wish.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

churri
Newly Registered

Re: Got my EU family Irish visa!! Whats next?

Post by churri » Wed May 26, 2010 12:19 am

Emc wrote:Hi all, i am soo happy, i ve got my EU family member visa D to Ireland and my hubby and I are in Dublin right now. Thanx to all for advise given.

We went to GNIB office to register me as told to at the border, but they said that one week ago the rules have been changed and i must apply for EU1 first, then when i get a letter back with our passports to come back and get a stamp at GNIB office. Does it mean i will be able to work when i get a stamp??

Hi Emc.. i am the process of applying for visa D, EU FAMILY MEMBER, what are the documents reqiured for to apply visa D?

thank you

Emc

Post by Emc » Wed May 26, 2010 11:54 am

Hi churri, if you are a spouse of EU citizen , then you will only need

--Application form
--Passport
--Clear copy of passport of EU citizen
--Marriage certificate

They might ask for a few more things, don't wory if the request is reasonble, i had to provide my husband's P45 to confirm that he has left his job in order to move to Ireland with me, they asked for a letter from his employer, but he had already quit.
Well, the embassy originaly told me that i can't apply for Visa D untill my husband moves to IE and finds a job-which is a lot of b...t!! Even the superviser of visa department has confirmed that he must have a job first!! Can you imagine??!! After long research and determination we have proved to Visa office that there is EU law and they have to follow it. However they replied that they only take instructions from INIS not from EU directive!! So then with God's help i stumbeled across the page on INIS http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000002, right side of the page you will see Documentation to accompany a Visa Application (Size 188KB), open that and find page 28 and it confirms the list of documents according to EU law. Add this infor to the letter or email with your application, they will have no option but to follow the law.

Best of luck !!

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Thu May 27, 2010 1:25 am

Emc wrote:Hi churri, if you are a spouse of EU citizen , then you will only need

--Application form
--Passport
--Marriage certificate

They might ask for a few more things, don't wory if the request is reasonble, i had to provide my husband's P45 to confirm that he has left his job in order to move to Ireland with me, they asked for a letter from his employer, but he had already quit.
Well, the embassy originaly told me that i can't apply for Visa D untill my husband moves to IE and finds a job-which is a lot of b...t!! Even the superviser of visa department has confirmed that he must have a job first!! Can you imagine??!! After long research and determination we have proved to Visa office that there is EU law and they have to follow it. However they replied that they only take instructions from INIS not from EU directive!! So then with God's help i stumbeled across the page on INIS http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000002, right side of the page you will see Documentation to accompany a Visa Application (Size 188KB), open that and find page 28 and it confirms the list of documents according to EU law. Add this infor to the letter or email with your application, they will have no option but to follow the law.

Best of luck !!
Hi Emc, Many thanks for your Information I have gone through the link you provided, its very informative.

I am applying under this category

Family Member of EU Citizen
(Lawfully Resident in an EU State)

Spouse/Child

If you are the spouse of an EU citizen, or the child (under 21 years) of an EU citizen or the child of their spouse, and wish to move, with the EU citizen to Ireland, or to join the EU citizen in Ireland, from the EU State in which you currently reside, the following documents are required:

o Application form

o Passport

o Valid Residence Card for EU State

o Marriage Certificate

o Birth Certificate for children under 21 years

I just finished comleting the online application form, I got an automatic refrence number and will have to send the supporting document to the processing embassey, and its says all document MUST be translated into ENGLISH.

1. I HAVE THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH.... SHOULD I TRANSLATE MY RESIDENCE CARD AND COPY OF MY SPOUSE PASSPORT?

2. HOW LONG IS THE WAITING TIMME BEFORE VISA IS ISSUED?

3. BELOW IS PART OF THE APPLICATION REFERENCE.... DID I APPLY FOR THE RIGHT TYPE OF VISA?

Application Reference / Transaction Number xxxxx
Type of Visa: Long Stay
Journey Type: Multiple Journey
Visa Category: Tourist.

Hope to hear from you.

Greetings.

Emc

Post by Emc » Thu May 27, 2010 4:53 pm

hi, it looks like you Do Not need a visa to travel to Ireland, since you have EU Fam card from another EU country. But since you have applied for visa any way, you should have selected the type of visa--Join spouse(EEU national) not a tourist option. By law you don't have to have the visa, you can just email the embassy and get them to confirm the fact, it will save you time and money translating all the documents. I have seen your other posts and the reply you have got from Ben is the best and most conclusive, just follow his advice, know your rights according to EU directive. Good luck!

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Thu May 27, 2010 10:03 pm

Emc wrote:hi, it looks like you Do Not need a visa to travel to Ireland, since you have EU Fam card from another EU country. But since you have applied for visa any way, you should have selected the type of visa--Join spouse(EEU national) not a tourist option. By law you don't have to have the visa, you can just email the embassy and get them to confirm the fact, it will save you time and money translating all the documents. I have seen your other posts and the reply you have got from Ben is the best and most conclusive, just follow his advice, know your rights according to EU directive. Good luck!
Hi Emc, Thank for your Observation, I thought as much that I shouldnt be needing a visa, but i have been getting lots of conflicting information, that i didnt know what to do next.... I wrote to the Irish embassey STATING MY LEGAL STATUS IN ANOTHER MEMBER STATE... Please read through the reply below from Irish embassey....
madridembassy@dfa.ie to me
show details 4:34 PM (6 hours ago)

Good evening,
you have to go to the Irish Embassy website www.irlanda.es and there you will find the information you need to apply for a visa.
Regards

I dont know what to do next.......

About the online application, i can disregard it if i really dont need a VISA to enter ireland.. cos translation of docs from spanish to english aren´t cheap in here, so i would prefer to know the fact before translating anymore docs. do u know anymore on here who's in same situation as me? Any useful links will be highly welcomed.

Thank you for time and efforts.

Greetings.

Emc

Post by Emc » Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 pm

hi, well, the thing is that by EU freedom of movement you Do Not need a visa to come to Ireland, the other matter is to prove that to irish immigration office/visa office. Mate, you will just have to be patient and email them your situation and the part of EU law where it mentions that you do not need visa, but be prepaired that they will come back with negative answer, just be polite and persistant with further evidence. I am afraid i am not the best person to point you in the right direction regarding evidence, but Ben on this forum is very helpfull and might have the right info to support your case. Best of luck !!

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Sat May 29, 2010 12:38 am

Emc wrote:hi, well, the thing is that by EU freedom of movement you Do Not need a visa to come to Ireland, the other matter is to prove that to irish immigration office/visa office. Mate, you will just have to be patient and email them your situation and the part of EU law where it mentions that you do not need visa, but be prepaired that they will come back with negative answer, just be polite and persistant with further evidence. I am afraid i am not the best person to point you in the right direction regarding evidence, but Ben on this forum is very helpfull and might have the right info to support your case. Best of luck !!

Thank you Emc, I will write the embassey again, and will keep you updated with any lastest news.

Nevertheless If on this forum u come across anyone in same situation as me, or has travelled to ireland with EU fam card of other memeber state wituout a prior visa appliction..... please send me the link.

Thanks again.... in the mean time if i have any doubts i will get bck to you.

Best Regards Emc.

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Emc wrote:Hi churri, if you are a spouse of EU citizen , then you will only need

--Application form
--Passport
--Marriage certificate

Best of luck !!

Hi Emc,... Congratulations !!! on your successful application of the EU1.

dont know if u still remember my case? I applied for the Irish Visa D to accompany my wife to ireland, I submited the following documents to the embassy;

--Application form
--Passport
--Copy of my 5 years EU-fam residence card.
--Marriage certificate
--Weding pictures
--Proof of correspondence address .

I got a call from the embassy asking for a BANK STATEMENT FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS AND A COPY OF HOTEL BOOKINGS... I told them this are not required according to the EU law since i am travelling with my wife... but they told me its required before they can process my application....

I would like to seek your advice and what to do..... since u have passed through this process.

Hope to hear from you soon...

Regards

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:09 pm

--Application form
--Passport
--Marriage certificate

Best of luck !!

Hi Emc,... Congratulations !!! on your successful application of the EU1.

dont know if u still remember my case? I applied for the Irish Visa D to accompany my wife to ireland, I submited the following documents to the embassy;

--Application form
--Passport
--Copy of my 5 years EU-fam residence card.
--Marriage certificate
--Weding pictures
--Proof of correspondence address .

I got a call from the embassy asking for a BANK STATEMENT FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS AND A COPY OF HOTEL BOOKINGS... I told them this are not required according to the EU law since i am travelling with my wife... but they told me its required before they can process my application....

I would like to seek your advice and what to do..... since u have passed through this process.

Hope to hear from you soon...

Regards

Emc

ie

Post by Emc » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:46 pm

hi, thank you. I am soo happy I ve got my EU1 now. I am sure you will get yours in time.
I totally understand your problem with the embassy. Just be strong and don't give up, as you can see from my previouse posts I went through hell to get my visa to Ireland too. Just be polite and send them an email and refer to http://www.inis.gov.ie/
Frequent Downloads- Documentation to accompany a Visa Application (Size 188KB) it is second up on the left bottom coner of the page. Then go to page 26 or 28 depending if you have EU4 from another EU state. just copy and paste into the email and explain where you have got it from-INIS, page so and so, ext. also you can attach info from EU directive on what is needed for EU family members to travel with their EU. I hav etried to find it online now, but could not. But you will see it on many links on this forum. Just be strait and say that by EU Freedom of movement you don't need to provide all those items and Irish INIS knows that so they should check thier guidlines better refer to INIS site page I gave you. Good luck

churri
Newly Registered

Re: ie

Post by churri » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Emc wrote:hi, thank you. I am soo happy I ve got my EU1 now. I am sure you will get yours in time.
I totally understand your problem with the embassy. Just be strong and don't give up, as you can see from my previouse posts I went through hell to get my visa to Ireland too. Just be polite and send them an email and refer to http://www.inis.gov.ie/
Frequent Downloads- Documentation to accompany a Visa Application (Size 188KB) it is second up on the left bottom coner of the page. Then go to page 26 or 28 depending if you have EU4 from another EU state. just copy and paste into the email and explain where you have got it from-INIS, page so and so, ext. also you can attach info from EU directive on what is needed for EU family members to travel with their EU. I hav etried to find it online now, but could not. But you will see it on many links on this forum. Just be strait and say that by EU Freedom of movement you don't need to provide all those items and Irish INIS knows that so they should check thier guidlines better refer to INIS site page I gave you. Good luck

Hi Emc thank you for your quick reply..... I have a EU fam card in another EU country, I shouldnt be needing a visa to enter ireland according to the EU law, but the embassy said a visa is required.

I send them already the required docs for visa application I found on the INIS website, but they just wont follow the simples rules......they have told me for the second time that bank statement is required..... dont know why they cannot obey the EU directives... and even the Irish gov website.

I am thinking to contact the INIS to make a complain about this...... ????

Emc

Post by Emc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:53 pm

HI again, sorry to hear that you get so much truble over visa. Why don't you just go with your wife to Ireland without visa, since you have EU4 card? I don't know what to say, the visa application is free, so maybe to apply and attach the infor that you don't have to provide bank statements and see what they say. They just can't refuse on the basis of no statement. There is one stabborn and stupid person at that embassy. maybe contacting and complaining to INIS will help too. It is just frustrating to see how EU family memebers being treated by officials who supposed to know their jobs well. Urgh.... The thing is INIS is actually very officient and staff polite and helpfull. They were in my case anyway, but embassy staff including the supervisours are absolutely useless. Good luck mate, please update us how it is going.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 am

Emc wrote:HI again, sorry to hear that you get so much truble over visa. Why don't you just go with your wife to Ireland without visa, since you have EU4 card? I don't know what to say, the visa application is free, so maybe to apply and attach the infor that you don't have to provide bank statements and see what they say. They just can't refuse on the basis of no statement. There is one stabborn and stupid person at that embassy. maybe contacting and complaining to INIS will help too. It is just frustrating to see how EU family memebers being treated by officials who supposed to know their jobs well. Urgh.... The thing is INIS is actually very officient and staff polite and helpfull. They were in my case anyway, but embassy staff including the supervisours are absolutely useless. Good luck mate, please update us how it is going.
Polite and helpful :shock: !!?? Is that Italian Naturalization & Immigration Services you are talking about or the Irish Naturalization & Immigration Services? Actually a friend of mine visited Dublin with her German spouse, they both live in London, she just turned up at the airport with the printout of that EU directive the airline obliged after few minutes of checking. Also hubbie/wife stayed in the same line at the Immigration queue @ the airport & didnt take too long for them to get out. But if you wanna be sure to be sure man get a visa as its going to be free for you anyway, its upto you.

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Emc wrote:HI again, sorry to hear that you get so much truble over visa. Why don't you just go with your wife to Ireland without visa, since you have EU4 card? I don't know what to say, the visa application is free, so maybe to apply and attach the infor that you don't have to provide bank statements and see what they say. They just can't refuse on the basis of no statement. There is one stabborn and stupid person at that embassy. maybe contacting and complaining to INIS will help too. It is just frustrating to see how EU family memebers being treated by officials who supposed to know their jobs well. Urgh.... The thing is INIS is actually very officient and staff polite and helpfull. They were in my case anyway, but embassy staff including the supervisours are absolutely useless. Good luck mate, please update us how it is going.

Dear Emc, Thank you for your replies..... My wife has sent an e-mail to the INIS and the Irish Ministry of Foreign affairs, which is their Boss...... to make complaint about the bank statment they are asking for...I will let u know as soon as we get to know something.

Regards.

churri
Newly Registered

Post by churri » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:42 pm

fatty patty wrote:
Polite and helpful :shock: !!?? Is that Italian Naturalization & Immigration Services you are talking about or the Irish Naturalization & Immigration Services? Actually a friend of mine visited Dublin with her German spouse, they both live in London, she just turned up at the airport with the printout of that EU directive the airline obliged after few minutes of checking. Also hubbie/wife stayed in the same line at the Immigration queue @ the airport & didnt take too long for them to get out. But if you wanna be sure to be sure man get a visa as its going to be free for you anyway, its upto you.

Hi patty, thanks for your contribution of this topic... i will post an updates as soon as they comes up.

greetings.

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:31 pm

My EU husband got a job in Ireland. I applied for Type D visa 6 months ago in other EU country. I translate everything by myself. I think you can do that by yourself too.

They also ask for bank statement and a comprehensive sickness insurance cover. For bank statement, it's not a big problem. I print from internet and translate to English by myself. However, a comprehensive sickness insurance cover cost us 500-600 euro. At least, you're luckier than me that they don't ask you this sickness insurance.

This is the link for list of documents.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... EU_Citizen