ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are EEA dependants eligible for benefits?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

unfair

Are EEA dependants eligible for benefits?

Post by unfair » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:35 pm

Can an EEA dependant, say wife of a French national settled in Britain, claim any form of benefits? I'm on a 5 year visa and wondering if I'm eligible for any form of benefits?

Thanks

Dr Logic
BANNED

Re: Are EEA dependants eligible for benefits?

Post by Dr Logic » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 am

unfair wrote:Can an EEA dependant, say wife of a French national settled in Britain, claim any form of benefits? I'm on a 5 year visa and wondering if I'm eligible for any form of benefits?

Thanks
Pls check this link:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/index.htm
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Are EEA dependants eligible for benefits?

Post by Ben » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:30 am

unfair wrote:Can an EEA dependant, say wife of a French national settled in Britain, claim any form of benefits? I'm on a 5 year visa and wondering if I'm eligible for any form of benefits?

Thanks
If you have the right to reside in the UK either as an EEA national who is exercising a Treaty right or as a non-EEA national family member of an EEA national who is exercising a Treaty right, you have the right to receive equal treatment with a UK national in regards to claims for benefits.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.