ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent- limited company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

black_pearl

Urgent- limited company

Post by black_pearl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:34 am

Greetings,
CUrrently, we are on PSW. now we would like to switch to tier 1 general.I have few queries:
1: the most basic question, how to form a limited company? what are the requirements? how much fund will we need?
2: should we employ an accountant? what is the best way to recruit a genuine accountant?does any one know any accountant in london who can help us on this?
3: for how long do we need to maintain our accounts? i was told that 1 year is a minimum for any company, is this true?
4: we have a joint personal bank account.can we deposit cash every month to show the company's dividend?

we have only 6 months left before our current visa runs out..
this is all really mind boggling for us...
i sincerely hope that you will reply at your earliest,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:45 am

Contact HMRC.

regards

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent- limited company

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:58 pm

black_pearl wrote:Greetings,
CUrrently, we are on PSW. now we would like to switch to tier 1 general.I have few queries:
1: the most basic question, how to form a limited company? what are the requirements? how much fund will we need?

you can form on line company by paying £50.00 or any other accountant by £100.00 +

2: should we employ an accountant? what is the best way to recruit a genuine accountant?does any one know any accountant in london who can help us on this?

In case of self employment and company you should have a accountant with licence to practice (Who can issue certificates) , you can check ACCA / ACA WEBSITE FOR THIS

3: for how long do we need to maintain our accounts? i was told that 1 year is a minimum for any company, is this true?

NO , as soon u achieve yr point threshold u can close books and apply

4: we have a joint personal bank account.can we deposit cash every month to show the company's dividend?

this is not makig any sense , only business receipts to be deposited and try to get cheque or online treansfer , no cash business unless u r a high street retailer

all the best in yr business journey

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 pm

Thank you for your reply.
it did clear up alot of things.
can i quickly ask you another question.
can you kindly recommend a genuine accountant in london?
your help will be highly appreciated.
regards,

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:48 pm

black_pearl wrote:Thank you for your reply.
it did clear up alot of things.
can i quickly ask you another question.
can you kindly recommend a genuine accountant in london?
your help will be highly appreciated.
regards,
google.com

HSK Accountancy Services

Re: Urgent- limited company

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm

black_pearl wrote:Greetings,

What do you mean by "We". You are applying in a group?

If you mean you and your partner then make sure the main applicant meets all the requirements.

The income must be genuine otherwise it will be treated as Fraud and cheating and you could be banned for 10 years.

Any qualified accountant with practicing licence can help you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

khuram7592
Newly Registered

Post by khuram7592 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 pm

I was in the same situation. I can recommend 'Agnon Chartered Certified Accountnats' in Harrow. Their website is www.agnon.co.uk.

Arrange a meeting with them they didnt even charge me for the initial meeting. The service was great. I will definately use them in future.