ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinate leave to remain application letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

2003uk
Newly Registered

Indefinate leave to remain application letter

Post by 2003uk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 pm

hello everyone,
i am posting my indefinate application tomorrow and need some advice about the letter i am attaching.i have been on discretionary leave for the past 6 years due to marriage ie to british citizen.
i have posted the letter i am sending below and hope one of the esperienced people on this site can look at it and let me know what they think.
i have not specifically mentioned that my application is based on article 8 but have said that i have family established here in the uk.
is that good enough or do i have to specifically mention article 8 as the reason for wanting indefinate. please advice.many thanks.

APPLICATION FOR INDEFINATE LEAVE TO REMAIN (SETTLEMENT)
My name is xxxxx. My date of birth is xxxxx.My wife's name is xxxxx. Her date of birth is xxxxx. We both leave at the above address.
I was granted Discretionary Leave to Remain in 2004 for two years. This expired in March 2006 and I applied for an extension which was granted for another two years (till March 2008).This was further renewed till 8th march 2010. I would therefore have been on Discretionary Leave for six years when my current leave expires in March 2010.

I am applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement), as I have family established here in the UK. My wife is a British citizen and we have two children who are both British citizens.
We have been married since1999. We intend to stay together as a married couple and will therefore be grateful if you could grant me Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement).

I have enclosed various documents to support my application, including the Life in the UK test certificate. Please also find enclosed the passports for my wife and children.

Many thanks for your co-operation.

Yours truly,