ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help regarding maintenece funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chief
Newly Registered

need help regarding maintenece funds

Post by chief » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

hi guys,

I had been in UK since 1 june 2004 on student visa and
I left Uk on 2nd of June 2009, my visa expired on 31st october 2009, since 2nd of june 2009, i have been in INDIA, i have got masters degree from uni of greenwich , in june 2009,
my questions are:

1. how much funds do i need to show for myself , my wife and a baby to apply psw altogether Now from INDIA? will it be 2800+1600+1600=6000 OR 800+533+533=1866

2. i have canadian immigration( 6months ago) as well (only me) not my wife and baby iwill apply for them any ways, the question is does this immigration will have any effect on my PSW application.

need help guys
thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: need help regarding maintenece funds

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm

2800+1600+1600=6000
chief wrote:i have canadian immigration( 6months ago) as well (only me) not my wife and baby iwill apply for them any ways, the question is does this immigration will have any effect on my PSW application.
Don't think so. Even if you have been granted Canadian PR, you may still wish to not live in that country. It is your choice!

regards

ash786
BANNED

Re: need help regarding maintenece funds

Post by ash786 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:03 pm

[quote="chief"]

1. Check u PM.

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:15 pm

thanks guys,
wel sum people told me that if u have PR u cant get psw, unless u have to give up the canadian PR?

any idea/suggestions plz???

thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:21 pm

chief wrote:thanks guys,
wel sum people told me that if u have PR u cant get psw, unless u have to give up the canadian PR?

any idea/suggestions plz???

thanks
1. No thats not correct as u can dual citizenship and that does not make any difference to your UK visa applications.
2. If you read the PSW form it asks you if you hold any other nationalities or not and thats it nothing else.
3. U can always ring HO if u still in doubt.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 pm

PR is not citizenship, u'll lose the PR if u read the CIC website...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Wanderer wrote:PR is not citizenship, u'll lose the PR if u read the CIC website...
1. R u sure about that as my sister is a Canadian PR (she never applied for the Canadian passport) and she got her Pakistani passport as well.
2. Her kids got Canadian Passports plus Pakistani Passports.
3. So i do not understand u point.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:49 pm

ash786 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:PR is not citizenship, u'll lose the PR if u read the CIC website...
1. R u sure about that as my sister is a Canadian PR (she never applied for the Canadian passport) and she got her Pakistani passport as well.
"Keeping your permanent resident status

Your permanent resident status allows you to live in Canada, but there is also a time limit on how long you can live outside the country. To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period."
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Wanderer wrote:
ash786 wrote:
"Keeping your permanent resident status

Your permanent resident status allows you to live in Canada, but there is also a time limit on how long you can live outside the country. To keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period."
1. Ok in this case yes u r rite but i thought that u meant, u can not have dual citizenship at all thnx for clearning the confusion of u post.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:04 am

Tier 1 (PSW) Entry Clearance
1. Having a Canadian PR endorsement should not affect a Tier 1 (PSW) EC application as a PSW visa is a fixed 2 leave to enter / remain that does not lead to or contribute towards residential qualifying period for settlement in the UK.
2. Just as the UK government cannot demand any person in UK with ILR to acquire British nationality or renounce nationality of another country, it cannot also demand that any applicant wishing to enter UK give up residency of/in another country.

Canadian PR
Whether or not a Canadian PR holder wishes to maintain his PR status is the individual's choice, just like it is his own choice to remain a PR or acquire Canadian citizenship (as and when is eligible to do so).

As the OP has mentioned, he received his Canadian PR six months ago, wich leaves 18 months for him to enter Canada so that he can then live there for 3 years in order to maintian his Canadian PR status. I OP enters UK on any long term resident visa (e.g.- PSW), nothing stop him from leaving UK for Canada near the 18 month time limit that's available to him or from continuing to live in the UK and voluntarily giving up his Canadian PR! Bottomline - his choice!!!

Hope this helps.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

thanks guys for ur detailed help,
what i understand is:

1. canadian PR is not a citizenship itself. so in the application form i can write that i dont have any other citizenship.

2. having that PR ,i can apply for PSW .

3. i can not live outside CAnada, more then two years to keep PR alive.

4. but i can enter and leave uk as many time as i wish with in 2 years of PSW.

plz correct if im wrong
thanks guys for ur help.

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:57 pm

hi guys,

any help /suggestions plz....

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 pm

chief wrote:thanks guys for ur detailed help,
what i understand is:

1. canadian PR is not a citizenship itself. so in the application form i can write that i dont have any other citizenship.

2. having that PR ,i can apply for PSW .

3. i can not live outside CAnada, more then two years to keep PR alive.

4. but i can enter and leave uk as many time as i wish with in 2 years of PSW.

plz correct if im wrong
thanks guys for ur help.
Yes, for all.

regards

chief
Newly Registered

Post by chief » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:19 pm

thanks mate for ur help
regards

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am

Yes for all,
UK has not control over Canada Visa, all they know is about their own Visa, and they cannot validate/invalidate the Visa.
If you merit PSW, they gave it to you. You are not canadian