ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i sponsor my wife on family visitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

agam_21
Newly Registered

Can i sponsor my wife on family visitor

Post by agam_21 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Dear members,

I am on Tier-1 PSW and applied recently for Tier -1 general which got refused now my visa is valid for less than 6 months about 5 months. can i sponsor my wife on a family visitor visa so that she can come once to UK for visit and i don't have any intention of staying in UK once my current visa expired so not appealing for refusal.

As i read somewhere in a forum that i need to have 6 months of valid visa to sponsor a family member.

gurus need ur help.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Can i sponsor my wife on family visitor

Post by ash786 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 pm

agam_21 wrote:Dear members,

I am on Tier-1 PSW and applied recently for Tier -1 general which got refused now my visa is valid for less than 6 months about 5 months. can i sponsor my wife on a family visitor visa so that she can come once to UK for visit and i don't have any intention of staying in UK once my current visa expired so not appealing for refusal.

As i read somewhere in a forum that i need to have 6 months of valid visa to sponsor a family member.

gurus need ur help.
1. 6 months works in many cases as if u only have 6 months left then High Commission in u country wud probabaly take upto 1 month or may be more to issue a visa.
2. So by the time they decide the application then u might hav 3 or 4 months left.
3. In these cases u wud not get a visa keeping this situation in mind.