ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hsmp extension refused for inadequate funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tibushriya
Newly Registered

Hsmp extension refused for inadequate funds

Post by tibushriya » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:15 pm

hi all

My hsmp extension refused for dropping fund by 100 pounds and appealed against decision showing fixed deposit from india covering the date. refused appeal considering fixed deposit as a bond. could this case be appealed again with this fixed deposit.

will be appreciated if someone could help

ash786
BANNED

Re: Hsmp extension refused for inadequate funds

Post by ash786 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:26 pm

tibushriya wrote:hi all

My hsmp extension refused for dropping fund by 100 pounds and appealed against decision showing fixed deposit from india covering the date. refused appeal considering fixed deposit as a bond. could this case be appealed again with this fixed deposit.

1. U might hav a problem as if the money is fixed deposit tehn its not avaialble immediately in case u need it.
2. According to HO guidence the maintenance funds shud be avaialble at any time.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:51 pm

The funds must be in cash accounts ... which term deposits are!

The problem is that in the UK the term deposits, also called fixed term bonds, do not allow partial / full withdrawal before maturity cannot be broken before the maturity date (I am refering to the generally available bonds, not some special issue which allows partial / full withdrawal before maturity).

Whereas in India, most of the term deposits can be broken before maturit date - with / without paying any penalty, and in case of savings / current account linked term depsoits partial / full withdrawal before maturity date is also possible .

The caseworkers therefore would have no clue about this inherent facility of term deposits in India ... until the term deposits are supported by a letter from the bank clarifying immediate availaibility of funds as and when the deposit holder needs it.

regards

ens

Post by ens » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 pm

ash786 wrote:

1. U might hav a problem as if the money is fixed deposit tehn its not avaialble immediately in case u need it.
2. According to HO guidence the maintenance funds shud be avaialble at any time.
Points based system policy guidance has no legal effect

http://www.gherson.com/News/pointsbased ... awful.aspx

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2010/719.html

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51 pm

ens wrote:
ash786 wrote:

Points based system policy guidance has no legal effect

http://www.gherson.com/News/pointsbased ... awful.aspx

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2010/719.html
Thats an important observation and if you have the wherewithal go challenge the decision.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:07 am

Not difficult for govt. to have key requirements specified in the policy included in the immigration rules ..... through secondary legislation ... thus making it law.

Just a thought ....

regards

ens

Post by ens » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:09 am

sushdmehta wrote:Not difficult for govt. to have key requirements specified in the policy included in the immigration rules ..... through secondary legislation ... thus making it law.

Just a thought ....

regards
they do make statements of changes laid before parliament

the last one

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...pdf?view=Binary

3.1 This Statement of Changes makes an urgent change to the Immigration Rules following two
court judgments1 (1 Secretary of State for the Home Department v Anastasia Pankina & others [2010] EWCA Civ 719 and R (on the application of
English UK Ltd) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2010] EWHC 1726 (Admin).) concerning the extent to which requirements under the Points Based System
regulating the entry into or stay in the UK of non-nationals must be set out in the Immigration
Rules rather than in UK Border Agency guidance. For the avoidance of doubt and to ensure the
integrity of the Points-Based System and the implementation of interim limits on Tier 2 on 19
July 2010 as announced by the Secretary of State on 28 June 2010, it is necessary to bring these
changes into force immediately. The Government regrets that it has not been possible to comply
with the convention that changes should be laid before Parliament no less than 21 days before
they will come into force.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:13 am

:D
In other words, they have realized their mistake and have already done what I thought they would resort to.

regards

ens

Post by ens » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 am

sushdmehta wrote::D
In other words, they have realized their mistake and have already done what I thought they would resort to.

regards
but suddenly the mentioned statement is mostly about interim limits, and does not say much about Pankina case....

only the reference in 3.1

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:20 am

Just the beginning I guess ... more to follow. With the court passing a judgement that policy guidance has no legal standing when it comes to immigration rules, I am sure the govt. solicitors will be working overtime to plug all the possible loopholes.

Making interim cap a law is indeed their immediate priority - as it affects all categories of economic migrants from non-EU countries.

regards

ens

Post by ens » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 am

sushdmehta wrote:Just the beginning I guess ... more to follow. With the court passing a judgement that policy guidance has no legal standing when it comes to immigration rules, I am sure the govt. solicitors will be working overtime to plug all the possible loopholes.

Making interim cap a law is indeed their immediate priority - as it affects all categories of economic migrants from non-EU countries.

regards
let`s see the effect on British economy and what UK business says about it.

btw anyone can have their say on UKBA site re the limits