ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cardiac Vascular Technologist

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Derik
Newly Registered

Cardiac Vascular Technologist

Post by Derik » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:02 am

I am a Cardiac Vascular Technologist living in UK with my Husband. Just arrived.
I am on Dependent visa of my husband who is on Tier-1 General.

1. Am i allowed to work
2. I have a B.Sc in Cardiac care Technologist from India and 2 years of exp. So i need to write any exam or attend any course before i take up job.

Pls advice on above.

thanks
[/b]

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:22 am

1. Yes

2. Probably have to take a conversion course or some sort of PLAB, wait for others..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Derik
Newly Registered

Post by Derik » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:34 am

Wanderer wrote:1. Yes

2. Probably have to take a conversion course or some sort of PLAB, wait for others..
That was quick.
thank you .

well i will wait for my second questions answers from others.

thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 am

It may be a question of terminology, but in the UK, exactly what job would you be applying for? If you have a look at NHS Job Search you will see that if you search on Cardiac Vascular Technologist you will see it (currently) produces no exact hits. So I think your starting point is to try to work out exactly what the job might be called in the UK, and having done that, ascertain whether your current qualification is sufficient, or as Wanderer suggests, whether you need to go on some sort of conversion course.

Having played around with some variations on the job title, would Clinical Vascular Scientist fit what you do?
John

Derik
Newly Registered

Post by Derik » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:53 pm

John wrote:It may be a question of terminology, but in the UK, exactly what job would you be applying for? If you have a look at NHS Job Search you will see that if you search on Cardiac Vascular Technologist you will see it (currently) produces no exact hits. So I think your starting point is to try to work out exactly what the job might be called in the UK, and having done that, ascertain whether your current qualification is sufficient, or as Wanderer suggests, whether you need to go on some sort of conversion course.

Having played around with some variations on the job title, would Clinical Vascular Scientist fit what you do?

Thank you John
Well my job tittle can be any of the following
Echo cardiocgrapher
Cath Lab Technologist
Cardiac Sonographer
Cardiac Technologist
Cardiac Investigator

I do get a lot of jobs available on those. I can do any of those titles. but i fear you need to some kind of exam or so. for eg if a nurse need to work in UK she needs to write some exam.
When i was in US for a few months i know they required to write ARDMS exam in order to be eligible to work in US.

Similarly i need to find out if there is something in UK i need to do. If you have any reference of medical agencies they might be knowing.

Thanks for your response.

Tim555

Re: Cardiac Vascular Technologist

Post by Tim555 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:04 am

Derik wrote:I am a Cardiac Vascular Technologist living in UK with my Husband. Just arrived.
I am on Dependent visa of my husband who is on Tier-1 General.

1. Am i allowed to work
2. I have a B.Sc in Cardiac care Technologist from India and 2 years of exp. So i need to write any exam or attend any course before i take up job.

Pls advice on above.

thanks
[/b]
Hi,

Please check following links:

http://www.scst.org.uk/

http://www.careerdirections.ie/CDW3C/Ac ... jsp?id=347

http://www.emagister.co.uk/cardiology_e ... 373715.htm

http://www.pulsejobs.com/frontline/heal ... Technician

All the best,

Tim
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Cardiac Vascular Technologist

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 am

Derik wrote:I have a B.Sc in Cardiac care Technologist from India and 2 years of exp.
What work does a cardiac care technologist do?

regards