ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding ATAS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sankalpa1
Newly Registered

Query regarding ATAS

Post by sankalpa1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:33 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding ATAS clearance.I have been accepted for a fully funded masters by Research Course at a university in UK. My research project is in Mechanical Engineering (It is listed in courses requiring clearance).In that case do I need to apply for ATAS Clearance? I have finished my Undergraduate course in India this year (July 2009). Actually I am confused as I can not understand the meaning of word 'leave' in following clause stated by official UK VISA Website.

You must obtain an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) Clearance Certificate if you are applying for leave to take one of the following..........

(http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21550270)

I would be thankful for the comments in this direction. :D

Avanish

sankalpa1
Newly Registered

Post by sankalpa1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 pm

It seems here no one bothers to reply! :(

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm

what country are you from?
I tell it like it is.

sankalpa1
Newly Registered

Post by sankalpa1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 am

I am from India.

ukvisa2004

Re: Query regarding ATAS

Post by ukvisa2004 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi,

You need ATAS certificate before applying for visa extension.

"Leave to remain" - means "Leave to remain in the UK" or in the other words if you want to live in the UK legally.

Also, before applying ATAS you need a "Brief research proposal" from the supervisor under whom you will be carrying out the research. Also your JACS code will be H3 for "Mechanical Engineering".

Both JACS code and "research proposal" should be mention in your visa letter or separate letter from the university.

Also your JACS code will be H3 for "Mechanical Engineering".

Also people here is Helping you for FREE. So be patient or hire a consultant, which COST quite bit of money.

Hope that helps.

sankalpa1 wrote:Hi,

I have a question regarding ATAS clearance.I have been accepted for a fully funded masters by Research Course at a university in UK. My research project is in Mechanical Engineering (It is listed in courses requiring clearance).In that case do I need to apply for ATAS Clearance? I have finished my Undergraduate course in India this year (July 2009). Actually I am confused as I can not understand the meaning of word 'leave' in following clause stated by official UK VISA Website.

You must obtain an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) Clearance Certificate if you are applying for leave to take one of the following..........

(http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21550270)

I would be thankful for the comments in this direction. :D

Avanish

sankalpa1
Newly Registered

Post by sankalpa1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 pm

@ukvisa2004

Thank you for reply! Sorry for impatience, the time when I posted I used to think that most of the questions in this forum are answered very quickly. Anyway your reply still helps! Many thanks for that!!!! :D