ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

U.N passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roots19
Newly Registered

U.N passport

Post by roots19 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:48 am

does anyone know anything about the U.N. passport or laissez passer.
does it allow anyone to work in the uk? im pretty sure you can use it to travel .
could someone please shed some light into this enigma of a passport

thanks

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 am

There's nothing particularly enigmatic about it.
A United Nations Laissez-Passer is held by a person travelling on official UN business and effectively confers the equivalent of diplomatic status as far as immigration law is concerned. If someone uses it to enter the UK when they're not working for the UN and gets a job here they're liable to be arrested for gaining entry by deception and turfed out. If someone quits their UN job after entering the UK, IDIs says this:-

"A person who leaves his employment which conveys exemption, or who otherwise loses his entitlement to exemption more than 90 days before he comes to notice, may be liable to administrative removal action as an overstayer..."

- and I'm curious as to why you feel you need to know this.

roots19
Newly Registered

u n passport

Post by roots19 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 pm

im curious because a couple of misguided dudes have been parading their laissez passers around as if they are the most bullet proof immigration documents on the face of these isles...all i knew about yhis document is what you wrote thus i needed to be sure before advising them otherwise...watch this fate as i shall be letting you know about thier fate soon!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: u n passport

Post by Rozen » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

roots19 wrote:im curious because a couple of misguided dudes have been parading their laissez passers around as if they are the most bullet proof immigration documents on the face of these isles...all i knew about yhis document is what you wrote thus i needed to be sure before advising them otherwise...watch this fate as i shall be letting you know about thier fate soon!
:?: :roll:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: u n passport

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:17 pm

Rozen wrote:
roots19 wrote:im curious because a couple of misguided dudes have been parading their laissez passers around as if they are the most bullet proof immigration documents on the face of these isles...all i knew about yhis document is what you wrote thus i needed to be sure before advising them otherwise...watch this fate as i shall be letting you know about thier fate soon!
:?: :roll:
I imagine the punters bought them from the passport making companies we've seen folks ask about here.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Also try out the [link deleted by Moderator]