ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kristi
Newly Registered

Help

Post by Kristi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:10 am

I'm here currently on a student visa, just completed my MA in education. I teach secondary school. I was offered a full time job for this school year and my employer applied (and was granted) a work permit for me. I applied for my FLR(IED) and was sent a letter back from the HO saying they needed evidence I'd completed my course successfully or I'd be denied my application. I got a letter from my university stating I'd completed all my coursework and my results would be available in November. The letter from the HO said they wanted course titles and if I was awaiting results or not. I mailed back the letter within the required 28 days.
Today I got a denial for my FLR because they said they weren't satisfied I'd completed my course during the current period of unbroken leave as a student. I have no right to appeal because I have leave to stay until 1 Dec.
What do I do? The letter I sent from my uni was NOT returned with the rest of my application packet. I don't know if it was received, even though I sent it recorded delivery. I'm worried, obviously, but at the same time, this was supposed to be the easy part! The actual work permit was supposed to be the difficult part.
I can leave the country in October and go back to the US for a week if necessary to sort this out.
Any advice or insight would be a godsend as I was not anticipating any problems with my change of status.

EJ

Post by EJ » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:43 pm

I am afraid the only thing you can do is to get another letter from your university to state the date by which you completed the course work and send it back to the HO with an explanatory letter. It could be an idea to make a certified copy of it too.