ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving fixed penality 3point effect on tier1 extention

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arkhan
Newly Registered

Driving fixed penality 3point effect on tier1 extention

Post by arkhan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Anyone clerify me is that I have got fixed penalty 60pound notice &3points on my licence.because I have not put child seat in my car and overloaded.is this effect on my visa extention. Thanks

ash786
BANNED

Re: Driving fixed penality 3point effect on tier1 extention

Post by ash786 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 pm

arkhan wrote:Anyone clerify me is that I have got fixed penalty 60pound notice &3points on my licence.because I have not put child seat in my car and overloaded.is this effect on my visa extention. Thanks
1. Def. it will make difference and i wud suggest you to disclose this offence everytime u make an extension application.
2. If u do not disclose this infromation and if the caseworker finds out may be not now but in a later extension then u visa will be refused under deception and banned.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 pm

arkhan wrote:Anyone clerify me is that I have got fixed penalty 60pound notice &3points on my licence.because I have not put child seat in my car and overloaded.is this effect on my visa extention. Thanks
Always better to disclose. Even if you are not sure if that is a criminal conviction or not. Mention it and explain about it in your cover letter. You could even put a sticky note saying that you were not sure so, explaining about it in the cover letter.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:49 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
Always better to disclose. Even if you are not sure if that is a criminal conviction or not. Mention it and explain about it in your cover letter. You could even put a sticky note saying that you were not sure so, explaining about it in the cover letter.
1. The form has a section related to driving, CCJs and criminal offences.
2. So there is no need for a cover letter and just answer the question as being asked on the form.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:15 pm

ash786 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
2. So there is no need for a cover letter and just answer the question as being asked on the form.
Section E asks about the criminal convictions and civil judgements given against you.

If one has a doubt whether fixed penalty is a criminal convictions or civil judgement. Then they can choose yes and explain about it in a cover letter.

(Personally, I feel a fixed penalty is neither a criminal convictions or civil judgement.)

But, to be on the safer side better mention it.

Not implying that a cover letter is mandatory.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:55 pm

As long as u disclose it, it wont effect on your extension...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:53 pm

disclosing it on application will not effect ur application , hence disclose it.

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:10 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
ash786 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Section E asks about the criminal convictions and civil judgements given against you.

If one has a doubt whether fixed penalty is a criminal convictions or civil judgement. Then they can choose yes and explain about it in a cover letter.

(Personally, I feel a fixed penalty is neither a criminal convictions or civil judgement.)

But, to be on the safer side better mention it.

Not implying that a cover letter is mandatory.
On the form it is specfically mentioned to disclose all convictions including trafic offences!

It is better to send the copy of paper counter part of licence clearly showing the penlty details to avoid any confusion.

I know someone who had 6 point (2 seperate penalties) but that did not affect his extention application.