ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed Evidences.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adl

Self Employed Evidences.

Post by adl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 am

Hi All,

I would really appreciat if anyone give me some advices about Tier 1 (General) Application.

I am working as a self-employed and employed person.

I am thinking to send following evidences of self-employed earning ( as policy guideline shows)

1. Accountant letter clearly shows my net profit and gross profit.
2. Profit and Loss Accouts and Balance Sheet maintained by accountant.

my question is, are they acceptable evidences to evaluate self-employement earning?

I am really confused because, these both evidences are actually generated by accountant and according to policy guideline we have to provide evidences of income from two diffirent sources like salary slip and bank statement if we are working as an employee.
considering that, above both evidences are still acceptable ?

I really appreciate if you come back promptly.
Thanks
adl[/b]

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 am

Yes your documents are seem to be right , and as policy guideline we need evidences from 2 different sources

1 - accountant letters
2- your bank statements showing the income coming in as you invoiced.

I think for self employed you need account letter with invoice explanation documents and you dont need BS and P&L.

wait for senoir member to through some light on it.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Self Employed Evidences.

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

adl wrote:Hi All,

I would really appreciat if anyone give me some advices about Tier 1 (General) Application.

I am working as a self-employed and employed person.

I am thinking to send following evidences of self-employed earning ( as policy guideline shows)

1. Accountant letter clearly shows my net profit and gross profit.
2. Profit and Loss Accouts and Balance Sheet maintained by accountant.

my question is, are they acceptable evidences to evaluate self-employement earning?

I am really confused because, these both evidences are actually generated by accountant and according to policy guideline we have to provide evidences of income from two diffirent sources like salary slip and bank statement if we are working as an employee.
considering that, above both evidences are still acceptable ?

I really appreciate if you come back promptly.
Thanks
adl[/b]
1. U need another source without any doubt.
2. Perhaps, letter from INLAND REVENUE, TAX RETURN etc.

adl

Post by adl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 am

Hi every one,
I agree with you but according policy guideline it clearly mention on its page no. 26 they need two proof of income if you are working as a self emloyed

1. Accountant Letter
2. P&L Accounts and Balance sheet.

Over Page no.26 there is no information about Bank Statement that links to Business Accounts and they did not ask for Tax Return as a evidence of earning.

As a matter of facts, they clearly stated in Policy guideline 'Only send documents that is mentioned, other document will not be acceptable'

Could anyone guide me about relevant / acceptable evidences if you are working as a self-employed.

Many Thanks
ADL

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:22 am

Business Bank statements showing the receipts (invoice), and tax payments will help.
If you have received a letter from HMRC acknowledging your corporation tax payments, include that letter also.

I think the guidelines only state that you should not add irrelevant documents. The above are valid and relevant documents.

mianrm

Post by mianrm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:59 am

1. Accountant Letter
2. P&L Accounts and Balance sheet.
These Two are from the same source and Home Office says evidences from 2 different sources are required.
according policy guideline it clearly mention on its page no. 26 they need two proof of income if you are working as a self emloyed
Policy Guideline documents says
vi) Self-employed applicants only - letter
from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant
(confirming that the applicant received the exact amount he/she is claiming, or the net profit to which he/she is entitled).

Also

Invoice explanations or payment vii) summaries from the applicant’s managing agent or accountant.

Accountant letter, Invoice Emplanation Letter and P&L, BS are from the same source.
Include the Bank Statements from the 2nd source to proof.

Hope this helps[/u]

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:20 pm

mianrm wrote:Yes your documents are seem to be right , and as policy guideline we need evidences from 2 different sources

1 - accountant letters
2- your bank statements showing the income coming in as you invoiced.

I think for self employed you need account letter with invoice explanation documents and you dont need BS and P&L.

wait for senoir member to through some light on it.

u can provide sales summary on accts letters head which can be verifiable with bank statems and accounts