ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is new rules apply to old student visa holder as well

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhavya
Newly Registered

is new rules apply to old student visa holder as well

Post by bhavya » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Right now my wife had a student visa and her course is advance diploma in buissness management.
I m working as a architect in one firm and i hold student dependent visa.
I m planning to apply for tier 1 end of next month.
Can any body guide me i can work in march or not as new rules stated that under degree level course dependet cant work.
Beet worried as my wife gone to india for personal circumtances and she will back with be end of april.
Please guide me asap......

bhavya
Newly Registered

people please answer

Post by bhavya » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:58 am

hi every one
i m beet worried now
please answer my querry.
i dont want to loose my job
and want to be in this country any how.
thanks

ukvisa2004

Re: is new rules apply to old student visa holder as well

Post by ukvisa2004 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Since you are student dependant, you cannot apply for TIER 1 visa. You need to go back and apply fresh application for TIER 1.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... lications/

check the above link and see "The immigration categories from which you can switch into the highly skilled worker category"

Also, you can continue to work until the expiry date of your visa (which will be same as your wife) under old rules. If she apply for extension for the current course at the end of her visa, you cannot work since new rules will apply to it.

Hope that helps.
bhavya wrote:Right now my wife had a student visa and her course is advance diploma in buissness management.
I m working as a architect in one firm and i hold student dependent visa.
I m planning to apply for tier 1 end of next month.
Can any body guide me i can work in march or not as new rules stated that under degree level course dependet cant work.
Beet worried as my wife gone to india for personal circumtances and she will back with be end of april.
Please guide me asap......