ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing the date of Tier1 General Migrant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanjaywakhare

Changing the date of Tier1 General Migrant

Post by sanjaywakhare » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:10 am

Hi Friends,

Somewhere on this forum I read this
Hi!
I had a similar situation when I applied in December 2009. So I wrote an application (on plain paper) to change the date (as in the original application) and submitted it to VFS with my passport. After 5 days they gave me my passport back with the old visa cancelled and new visa with new date.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
I too hold a Tier 1 GM visa dated 23rd October 2008. I have not travelled on this visa yet. Am I eligible to do the same and get the date changed?

Any information would help, please.

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Changing the date of Tier1 General Migrant

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 am

Unfortuantely No, the previous case where you found this was when HO gave the visa with a wrong valid to date of less than 3 years from the valid to of the previous visa.

sanjaywakhare wrote:Hi Friends,

Somewhere on this forum I read this
Hi!
I had a similar situation when I applied in December 2009. So I wrote an application (on plain paper) to change the date (as in the original application) and submitted it to VFS with my passport. After 5 days they gave me my passport back with the old visa cancelled and new visa with new date.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
I too hold a Tier 1 GM visa dated 23rd October 2008. I have not travelled on this visa yet. Am I eligible to do the same and get the date changed?

Any information would help, please.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 am

And also DATE Change can be requested only in case when you are applying you asked the HO to give post dated (max 3months) Valid from visa.. for. ex. if you apply on 1st of Jan you can ask BHC to issue Visa Validity from max. 31st March..

And this case if BHC gives from 1st Feb.. the applicant can request to change it to 31st March as requested in his application.. but it is upto the BHC to change or not change...

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks guys.... I had a very strong feeling that its not possible .. but just got greedy for a moment :)