ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Tier-4 Student in Pre-master course!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simple.but.honest
Newly Registered

Urgent Tier-4 Student in Pre-master course!

Post by simple.but.honest » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi,

My cousin is on Tier-4 Student Visa is going to expire in August '10. I just want to ask some questions. His course will be finishing in mid of August.

1) His Uni is asking to go back to home country and re-apply again for the masters program as they will issue the results and stuff in first week of September or second but till that time his visa got expired and then he needs to start all over again for visa process.

2) If he cancel the course now, would he needs to go back to his home country ASAP? or he could stay till the time his VISA got expire?

3) Could he take admission in any other diploma course any where else and get the visa extended following the Point No.2 above.

Help would be appreciated thanks !!

ukvisa2004

Re: Urgent Tier-4 Student in Pre-master course!

Post by ukvisa2004 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:50 pm

simple.but.honest wrote:Hi,

My cousin is on Tier-4 Student Visa is going to expire in August '10. I just want to ask some questions. His course will be finishing in mid of August.

1) His Uni is asking to go back to home country and re-apply again for the masters program as they will issue the results and stuff in first week of September or second but till that time his visa got expired and then he needs to start all over again for visa process.

I dont understand few things here. If his course is running till August end, the university should give him a letter stating the same and he should be able to extend his visa.

University saying that you need to go back and dont complete your course (in the month of August) because your visa is expiring is ABSURD!!!!

2) If he cancel the course now, would he needs to go back to his home country ASAP? or he could stay till the time his VISA got expire?

If he cancel the course, he needs to leave the country as soon as possible (withing 28days, i think). Also he needs to get the same in writing. This will help him when applying a Fresh application from overseas.

3) Could he take admission in any other diploma course any where else and get the visa extended following the Point No.2 above.

He can actually do that. For that you need to apply for VISA again. You can change from one course to another, but you cannot change university. If you do so, you need to apply for VISA. Also, he cannot start the new course before he get his VISA.

Help would be appreciated thanks !!
Hope that helps and hope that other members also give some input on that.