ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job requirement for PSW dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aries2010
Newly Registered

job requirement for PSW dependent visa

Post by aries2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi,
I have got my PSW last week, and looking for job. I want to apply for my wife visa. Is there requirement of job for me to apply dependent visa for my wife?

ash786
BANNED

Re: job requirement for PSW dependent visa

Post by ash786 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:53 pm

aries2010 wrote:Hi,
I have got my PSW last week, and looking for job. I want to apply for my wife visa. Is there requirement of job for me to apply dependent visa for my wife?
1. Not a requirement but if u hav a job then it will def. improve the chances but again not a requirement.

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:41 am

ash786 wrote:
1. Not a requirement but if u hav a job then it will def. improve the chances but again not a requirement.
If it is not a requirement, then why application form VAF10 asks about job description of main applicant.?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:32 am

aries2010 wrote:
ash786 wrote:
If it is not a requirement, then why application form VAF10 asks about job description of main applicant.?
1. Its a standard form and you only put u details according to your circumstances.
2. IF u notice then it also says periods of study or job.

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks,
But I have finished my studies and currently looking for job. What should I suppose to put there?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:41 am

aries2010 wrote:Thanks,
But I have finished my studies and currently looking for job. What should I suppose to put there?
1. "Seeking Employment".

navedkhane

hi aries2010

Post by navedkhane » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:43 am

I was in the same situation , I had also applied for my wife as a PSW dependent visa with out job and she got the visa.

So I would also say there is only requirement of maintenance funds not job.

However if you want to learn from my experience then do not call your wife or any dependent until you have good salary job. Before inviting my wife I had feeling that we would be able to manage. But it is not like that, after you get your PSW you will not be student any more, so you will lose all of your privileges, which includes discounted fair, council tax etc. rent is getting high every month due to high demand. My minimum monthly expense including rent, council tax, bills, food, travel, clothes etc is about 1200 pounds a month. Which means you would need to earn atleast 1400 pounds a month after tax.

I am doing two jobs at the moment working 12 hrs/day, 7 days a week just to cope with the expenses, so no time for family any more. Before inviting dependent we never think realistically, therefore we face more problems.

SO I would suggest you plan well before calling your dependent. I hope you understand. If you need any help, I will happy to help you.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 pm

You have finished a degree but can't even fill out a form ???
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Are you asking us to fill the form?